• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Help finding a photo of a yellow-tan wingtip

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need some help, and I'll try to describe as best I can. I am trying to find a photo of yellow-tan wingtips, which I'll describe as tan wingtips that are closer to the yellow side with just a hint of brown. If you can imagine it, this is the kind that would look incredible with a bit of black polish to antique them, and paired with jeans or light grey trousers. I just saw someone with a pair of these at the train station yesterday, but I can't for the life of me find a photo of what I had in mind. I think I've seen these before in a Paul Smith display, but the color is more a rich yellow than tan, and lighter than Lobb gold museum calf, Vass cognac and Crockett and Jones tan. For comparison, I'm looking for a color vaguely like the one on these Towcesters in the light, but not as dull as they seem to be when not in bright light:
Something darker than Lobb ardilla calf, but lighter than museum gold, below:
Lighter and a bit more yellow than this Kiton:
Lighter and a bit more yellow than these St. Crispin's
A bit less brown and a little brighter than Vass cognac:
A bit less brown and a little brighter than C&J antique tan:
If anyone has seen what I'm thinking of and has a photo, I'd appreciate it if you'd post the photo of this yellow-tan wingtip I'm trying to visualize. Thanks!

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have you looked at the tan C&J Cliffords from Ben Silver or the wingtips on the brooksbrothers site, currently on clearance?

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never heard of Towcester but those shoes are amazing! Does anybody have a model name or what they usually go for?

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grimslade: Yes; didn't find the shade I'm looking for.

Chips: They're just "ordinary" Lobbs, though they get slightly interesting when you find the "spectator" models.

My problem is they come in Ardilla, but that's really a pale color outside showroom lights:

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could get a pair of Marteganis and have Rider strip the color off them or maybe even stain them to the shade you desire.

dl

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could but I'm having a heckuva time describing the shade I want!

Has anyone else see it?

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I guess this really is the range, and getting something that's too yellow with less of a brown tint will get you something that's too bright or too pale.

Here's Berluti's version:

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe you could take one of the photos above and tweak it with Photoshop to the shade you're looking for?

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.