1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Help finding a jacket/blazer

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Plasdom, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Plasdom

Plasdom Active Member

Hi all. New here but been reading for a while. I am in the San Francisco Bay area and those familiar with the area know that it is generally cool all year round. I am looking for some general purpose jacket/blazer that I can wear everyday.

Style that I have seen that I like is something like this:

[​IMG]

I have yet to find something similar in a store. Anyone know where I can buy something like that?

Also, what will be considered appropriate attire for a company sponsored cruise?

Thanks

2. Margaret

Margaret Senior member

I don't care for the patch pockets. Unless you're really committed to that more rugged and casual hunting jacket look, I'd recommend something more along these lines. A bit more elegant and versatile, but still casual.

As far as attire for the company cruise, I'd say it depends on
    1.) how casual the company is, generally speaking;
    2.) what type of cruise it is (dinner and dancing, or casual weekend sightseeing day trip?); and most importantly...
    3.) what the invitation specifies.

3. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

In SF you can check out Wilkes Bashford, Saks, NM, etc and ask their advice on cruise wear.

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

As far as the blazer goes, what price point are you looking at?

5. Stax

Stax Senior member

6. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

i saw one exactly like that in zara. price comes out at around $130.

7. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Yeah, I saw some express jackets/blazers that looked like that as well.

8. Plasdom

Plasdom Active Member

Thanks for the quick responses. drizzt3117: I am looking at a pricepoint of around $150 for the blazer. Margaret: I am not too crazy about the pockets either but I really like the design. I have looked at a lot of blazers online and most do not really catch my eye. This was the first. Most of they have the sportscoat type colar which I do not like. This one, I think, has a good blend of casual and semi decent enough. Stax: Not really my style. I am not sure about all that "patchwork" http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/image...l/p214531d.jpg acidicboy: do you have a link? Never heard of that store

9. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

The cruise destination(s) would help determine how appropriate the jacket is.

An Orvis jacket probably would work.

10. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I noticed there were some casual blazers (canvas, linen, corduroy, etc.) listed in the j. crew sale section online. Probably not great quality and not really to my taste, but if you're looking for something as casual and "everyday" as the pic you posted they might work, and they're pretty heavily discounted at the moment.

11. Stax

Stax Senior member

12. Plasdom

Plasdom Active Member

the cruise will be 3hrs, dinner + dancing. I am thinking of wearing jeans (boot cut) + dress shoes + long sleeved dress shirt untucked.

no word on where I can get that exact jacket.... more I look at it, the more I like the look.

13. aarghh

aarghh Senior member

Check your local military surplus stores.

14. acidboy

acidboy Senior member