• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Help! Completely ruined new ferragamo loafers

shoosensuits

Reaction score
Ferragamo drivers to be precise and I’m a bit of an addict. This is one of the few pairs I have in the smooth leather; never again. It all started with a very innocent water spot which I tried to “remove” with some water and a microfiber clothe... that resulted of course in a ton of due transfer and it was all downhill from there. What started as a tiny little 2mm dot is now THIS:
I’ve also included a picture with the products I tried to “fix” things with. Short of sending these off and paying $150 is there anything I can DIY to correct this? These are literally a week old.

0A5411C6-3254-4BFC-913C-E54B6834D6B7.jpeg

mco543

Reaction score
Take them to a good/reputable cobbler. For what it’s worth should this happen again, I’ve had good luck using white vinegar mixed with water to get water spots out (Googling will tell you the exact ratio and amounts).

shoosensuits

Reaction score
Thanks. I have a place, but was really hoping to fix this with polish. Looks like that’s not going to happen.

Other lesson learned here is that the pebbled leather used in their drivers is much more durable. I’ve had 4 pebbles pairs for years and never a single issue like this. The dye on this leather seems to come right off.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.