1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen focusing on quality mechanical watches proudly made in China.

Help! Completely ruined new ferragamo loafers

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by shoosensuits, Aug 9, 2018.

1. shoosensuits

shoosensuits Well-Known Member

Ferragamo drivers to be precise and I’m a bit of an addict. This is one of the few pairs I have in the smooth leather; never again. It all started with a very innocent water spot which I tried to “remove” with some water and a microfiber clothe... that resulted of course in a ton of due transfer and it was all downhill from there. What started as a tiny little 2mm dot is now THIS:
    I’ve also included a picture with the products I tried to “fix” things with. Short of sending these off and paying $150 is there anything I can DIY to correct this? These are literally a week old.

0A5411C6-3254-4BFC-913C-E54B6834D6B7.jpeg

2. shoosensuits

More pics

Thanks in advance!

2E664433-00C3-41D8-92F2-2BAF1BADAC10.jpeg

00D407A8-F9C6-453A-A219-CA13FCEDDE5C.jpeg

3. mco543

mco543 Senior Member

Take them to a good/reputable cobbler. For what it’s worth should this happen again, I’ve had good luck using white vinegar mixed with water to get water spots out (Googling will tell you the exact ratio and amounts).

4. shoosensuits

Thanks. I have a place, but was really hoping to fix this with polish. Looks like that’s not going to happen.

Other lesson learned here is that the pebbled leather used in their drivers is much more durable. I’ve had 4 pebbles pairs for years and never a single issue like this. The dye on this leather seems to come right off.

5. atia2

atia2 Senior Member

Accept the patina.