Hey Guys, just wanted your opinion on what I should do in the predicament I am in. Your opinions would be greatly appreciated. I'm a former Clinical Scientist that for the last year has been looking for a different career track. I just got bored with my job and the daily grind of being in a lab everyday and decided I wanted to do something where I interacted more with people and more importantly, where I could make more money without having to get a PhD and wait my turn for all the other department heads to retire. That naturally led me to look for jobs in Medical Device/Pharm Sales and even just sales (copiers, software etc, just to get my foot in the door as many industry contacts I made told me the most important thing was to have successful sales experience). After not getting a sniff from anyone for the past year, I found a position with a medical equipment sales company (one of the biggest and most respected in the industry) that fit my skill set for the position they were hiring for. The day after I applied they called for a phone interview, then the next week I had a phone interview with the regional manager before having a face to face a couple days later. It went pretty well IMO but a few weeks went by with nothing. Finally they called to schedule the final stage panel interview. Great right? Except in that time I have gotten a job offer with one of the largest insurers in the industry to be an adjuster, something else that I also have some interest in. The base salaries are comparable but with the commissions, the sales jobs has much better potential earnings. I have to make a decision soon with the insurance company because they need to get me through all the pre employment screens and the classes start in a couple weeks. The earliest time that the regional manager of the medical equipment company can schedule me is next week, where I would again meet with him, another regional rep, as well as a couple of the buyers/purchasers from the account I would be handling. Then a decision wouldn't be made for possibly another 2-4 weeks (though I feel pretty confident as I have a suspicion that I am their only candidate atm, this gleaned from harassing the original HR interviewer and calling/emailing the manager for updates). As you can see, I'm in a pickle. Do I accept the surefire offer on the table that is for less money, in a less desirable location and something that I have less interest in doing just for a chance to go on a final interview with the medical equipment company? Do I take the chance and decline the job with the insurance company and hope that I interview well with the Medical company? If this was just a regular job offer with the insurance company, I would just accept and renege if I got the sales offer, but this is complicated because a very very close friend (who is in management at the insurance company) got me the interview and is good friends with the head of the HR. If I did something like that, it would surely reflect poorly on them as that spot would not be able to be filled (class time can't be made up). Anyway, this is getting pretty long so I'll turn it over to you guys. What should I do?