1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Help buying a smart phone

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by A Harris, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

[​IMG]

From my experience, there's a certain "intuitiveness" to things like cellphones/computers/electronics easily picked up by the generations who literally grew up around them than otherwise and for those who didn't grow up with these gifts they have to learn how things work.

[​IMG] I'm 36 and I've had a cell phone for 20 years now! Done computers from the Radio Shack TRS-80 through to my home brew gaming desk top I slapped together from choice parts off newegg.com [​IMG]

I get what you're saying but some of us grups have been "earlier adopters" for a very long time [​IMG]

2. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

To update this, I went with the AT&T tilt. I'm happy with it so far, though I do find the lack of a phone keypad extremely annoying.

3. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Senior member

The tilt feature does look really nice. I have the previous generation (the HTC/Audiovox PPC-6700) which is about the same size. I love using it for movies on long flights/drives but that angle would save me from having to prop it up against something and risk knocking it over.

4. hayzum

hayzum Senior member

If you do decide to let go of the tilt check out the SE P1 or the OQO e2.