• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HELP!! Briefcase for the BF

Penelope

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I would like to purchase a briefcase for my bf for Christmas. He is a member on this forum, so I know I'm coming to the right place for help.
biggrin.gif
I would like a classic-looking briefcase, maybe brown leather? He would be using it to carry a new Macbook Air (I believe its the 11" version), the charger, and some papers/documents. I think one with a handle and shoulder strap might be nice? His style leans towards the classic side. Daily wear will usually include: slacks, dress shirt & sports coat, tie, pocket square, shoes (always brown-never black), or a suit. I'm looking for suggestions on styles of briefcases, where to shop, what kind of material, or if you have a specific briefcase you like, even better! I would also not like to spend a ridiculous amount of $$ either, if possible, so I'm budgeting up to $300 for this. Thanks to everyone that has read this post and provided help!! (In case you need a taste for his style, listed below are some designers/stores he likes): Cucinelli, Isaia, Leffot, lots of MTM, raw denim, etc

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have that. It's pretty formal.

To be honest, this is the equivalent of him asking a bunch of strangers what kind of purse he should buy you. It's a personal decision, and you'd be much better off asking him. He could then come here and ask
biggrin.gif

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HEPennypacker
I'd stretch a bit more and find a discounted Filson Field Satchel: http://www.filson.com/products/leath...taProduct=1019 I hear they can be had for around $500.
I got mine for $450 on Ebay. It's not nearly as nice as my SAB bag but it's probably worth what I paid. I'd definitely consider it "rustic", so if that's not what you're going for I'd skip it.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Filson 256 or 257. They aren't leather but will last forever. The field satchel is nice but out of your price bracket.

GBer

Reaction score

Penelope

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
I have that. It's pretty formal.

To be honest, this is the equivalent of him asking a bunch of strangers what kind of purse he should buy you. It's a personal decision, and you'd be much better off asking him. He could then come here and ask
biggrin.gif

I agree. But in the mean time, he desperately needs something to take to business meetings. Half the time he forgets something he is suppose to take because he just carries it all and throws it in the back seat of the car.

But so far, from everyone's suggestions, I'm considering these:

http://customhide.com/1945_US_army_l...briefcase.html
http://www.filson.com/products/origi...taProduct=1019
http://customhide.com/organizer_laptop.html
http://www.jackgeorges.com/products/...ag-225-66.html

My personal fav is the BC from the first link; I think its still classic looking, but kinda fun too. My close 2nd choice would be the Filson. Any opinions?

I looked at the SAB's someone mentioned, and LOVE them
drool.gif
, but again, out of my price range. When he's ready to upgrade later I'm sure he'll take a looks at those.

HEPennypacker

Reaction score
I think I'd lean toward the Filson but don't think you'll go wrong with the first Custom Hide case either.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's your boyfriend's username?

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am very pleased with the Custom Hide bag I ordered this summer, but be aware that most of their bags are not in stock and there may be an issue with having your bag ready before Christmas. My bag was delayed about six weeks because they said their foreman died and the orders were backed up.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ace_Face
I am very pleased with the Custom Hide bag I ordered this summer, but be aware that most of their bags are not in stock and there may be an issue with having your bag ready before Christmas. My bag was delayed about six weeks because they said their foreman died and the orders were backed up.

Translation: you won't be able to buy the super sweet bag I have so you might as well settle for something else.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads