• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help! Armani Collezioni Suit or Brooks Brothers

squelcheroo

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm looking at a Nordstom's Rack at an Armani Collezioni Black pinstripe suit that fits very well. It's marked down from $1900 to $950. It's still steep for me but I'm going for a suit that will be my only suit. My other two are outdated with pleated pants. I've looked at a Brooks Brother's, I believe it's a slimmer Fitzgerald cut. It fit well and will also run around $900. I can get the BB in navy which may be more versatile. What should I do??
Thanks

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you must, my vote is the Fitz for navy is more versatile than black pinstripe.

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fitz is better quality over all. Don't touch Collezioni; I'd pay 200-300 max for a Collezioni.

squelcheroo

Reaction score
I wear a suit about once a month these days: Major design presentations, Weddings, Funerals, Work Parties, etc. So I want a nice versatile suit that will last and stay in fashion (Unlike my 3-button, pleated pants suits) The Fitz is good for my thin build. Any other suggestions?

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fasci (spelling?) was the manufacturer and Zegna was involved in some other capacity.

If they're canvassed, I'd be surprised. An SA at a local menswear boutique (he works in the Armani section) said that Collezioni utilizes a high-tech fusing process. If this has changed, let me know.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just by navy vs black pinstripe...BB is the better choice.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fasci (spelling?) was the manufacturer and Zegna was involved in some other capacity.
If they're canvassed, I'd be surprised. An SA at a local menswear boutique (he works in the Armani section) said that Collezioni utilizes a high-tech fusing process. If this has changed, let me know.

This is my understanding as well.

But, between the two choices, i would also say the navy BB suit is the winner.

squelcheroo

Reaction score
Thank you gentlemen! Brooks Bros doesn't have navy in the store in my size. I may go with a charcoal fitzgerald. I had the guy put one aside over the phone so I could get the 15%-20% off tomorrow. Sale ended today. Solid charcoal is as versatile as navy....right?

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is I guess, though a medium to dark grey would be better than charcoal. If you are not in a rush Brooks Brothers should have a boxing day sale in 2 weeks. Guessing it will be 30% off or so, that's what it was last year on suits.

Last edited:

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fitz is better quality over all. Don't touch Collezioni; I'd pay 200-300 max for a Collezioni.

Why? Their newer stuff is decent and fully canvassed, I believe it was by Zegna at some point.

A. Collezioni are not ubiquitously fully canvassed to the best of my knowledge, most are half canvassed, some are full canvassed.

Agreed though whatever the canvassing case, they certainly are better quality than BB 1818 no question about it.

As for price, $500 would be a good price for A. Collezioni, $900 is pushing it but many of us are cheapskates on SF.

Just by navy vs black pinstripe...BB is the better choice.

+1, Given the choice between Black Ps and Navy, Navy wins hands down in the versatility stakes. Go for the BB.

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Collezioni debate is confusing; 50/50 fused vs canvassed.

squelcheroo

Reaction score
I just bought the BB Fitzgerald in charcoal. Fit great off the rack with a few minor alts. I got 20% off and saved $200. Thanks to everyone for the help!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads