• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***HELP*** Are these Evisu jeans real?

Hypetrain

Reaction score
Hey SF geeks,

Being a 16 year old, and often broke, one of my favorite pastimes is finding some really good thrift store finds. I have found a lot of great stuff, and I have never had a doubt about the authenticity of what I have found.

HOWEVER: while browsing one of my favorite shops, I found something under the category of "too good to be true." I tried them on and found the fit was good, and decided to drop the $7 on the chance.

The item in question: a pair of Evisu jeans. I know this brand is highly faked, but I bought these because I was happy with the fit. If they are so fake it hurts, lay it on me. I don't care. If anything, i'll just enjoy them for what they are. But I would like an honest opinion.

CONCERNS:

- Simply put, these jeans are non-selvedge. Evisu seems to exclusively make selvedge jeans.

- The patch on the back is not leather. It is a man-made material.

- They are marked as having been made in China.

PROS:

- Denim is actually not too bad, it's thick and looks pretty nice. Maybe not by norm SF standards... but... :p

- Paint on the back pockets seems legit.

- Rivets and buttons are clear and seem well made.

Again, I am by far a "noobie" at this sort of thing. I don't really trust many guides, because they usually have titles like "EVISU JEANS AUTH GUIDE 2016 EBAY PRANK [GONE WRONG] [GONE RIGHT]" And the people writing them can barely spell. Any help would be much appreciated, even if you laugh yourself silly with how fake they are.

Here are some pics:

Thanks all!

Last edited:

Hypetrain

Reaction score
I'd like to respectfully bump. I am really interested on you guys' take on these.

Hypetrain

Reaction score
Okay. Last bump. I will just have to assume the best!

theyhateddavid

Reaction score
Okay. Last bump. I will just have to assume the best!
hi lol ikr it’s been 5 years. Btw i got a some “pre-owned” evisu’s from ebay for 45€ but i’m pretty sure they’re fake, also they look very similar to yours, you should always check the inside color for the tag, if it’s white from the inside it should be 100%, i gotta say i’m just a 16yo dude who bought evisu’s off ebay but fake or not i’m still pretty happy with those, everything’s good except from the pocket logo which is not completely “centered”

NikoLpz

Reaction score
hi lol ikr it’s been 5 years. Btw i got a some “pre-owned” evisu’s from ebay for 45€ but i’m pretty sure they’re fake, also they look very similar to yours, you should always check the inside color for the tag, if it’s white from the inside it should be 100%, i gotta say i’m just a 16yo dude who bought evisu’s off ebay but fake or not i’m still pretty happy with those, everything’s good except from the pocket logo which is not completely “centered”

Hey,i have found evisu in a ebay like site and im wondering if they are real or fake can you tell just by the desing on the back? CD3CBB2C-2647-4A74-97F7-7360D923CB12.jpeg

Attachments

• 509E5B28-DDEC-478D-975B-05E29E6C8331.jpeg
    509E5B28-DDEC-478D-975B-05E29E6C8331.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 01CDDD3E-703F-4AB1-828E-9DE01F2091BB.jpeg
    01CDDD3E-703F-4AB1-828E-9DE01F2091BB.jpeg
    430.5 KB · Views: 362

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads