• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help - Any ideas for a Brown Leather Strapped / White Face / Silver Case 38-40mm Watch $3-5k?

aceofspades923

Reaction score
I'm looking for a new watch and right now I'm leaning towards a brown leather strap, white face, and silver casing in the $3000-$5000 range (or lower if there's anything you would recommend). Moreover, my wrist is fairly small so i'm looking for case sizes that are 38-40mm.

For instance, I'm a fan of the IWC Portofino Chronograph IW391007 (http://www.iwc.com/en/collection/portofino/IW3910/) but i think the case might be too large.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think there is a ton of stuff, you might want to be more specific if you want a chrono or time only piece. Lots of brands are available in this price range, depending on your tastes. I'll throw this one out there because I doubt anyone else will:

gs.jpg

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score
I'm assuming that you want this to be a dress watch and would recommend the Nomos Tangente. With your budget, you can get a nice brown croc/shell cordovan/whatever strap in addition to the watch itself.

The Tangente only measures 35mm, however, because it has almost no bezel, it will wear a lot bigger than 35mm as its dial should be as big or bigger than many dials found on 40mm watches.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also like Nomos.

Aqua Terra? I like the grey dial but if you like white...

If you are partial to chronographs, then you should say so.

Trdesign

Reaction score
go for a good used piece, you will get a better timepiece for less
- iwc portu. as mentioned
- rolex air king, 36mm, inexpensive for the brand , they come in many colors, and have a metal band (good when you are getting wet) and you can swap on a leather strap when you want to have leather

aceofspades923

Reaction score
Tried on a few watches yesterday including the portofino and realized my size range is more likely 39cm - 41cm but can probably push to 42cm. Any other suggestions?

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IWC Spitfire maybe?

...But I have to tell you, it just sounds like you want a portofino.

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best one in my opinion, although the dial is technically more silver. Brown croc strap, comes in 39 or 40mm.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads