• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help! another travel thread!

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok so i know there are millions of travel threads. im planning to go sometime between sept-oct travelling and hoping to wing it. im stuck between doing asia, korea, japan etc. or going to europe and doing croatia, italy etc. how bad are places in the off season? will i be bored to death? does the night life go down considerably? im going to be hostiling it and most likely doing it alone. any suggestions? etc. anything to help me make my decision! thanks!

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
alone? just find a beach you like and live there for the duration.

Baron Kurtz

Reaction score
croatia off season is very boring imho
frown.gif

warmpi

Reaction score
the euro is great right now. if i didn't already have plans i'd hit up europe this year.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron Kurtz
croatia off season is very boring imho
frown.gif

thats what ive heard. but i cant imagine the locals stop partying in the off season.
Originally Posted by Matt
come hang with me man.

hows vietnam at that time? this could be very interestinggggg.....travelling alone in vietnam at this time will it be easy to meet people? i just dont want to get stuck alone crying in my pillow at night.

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
traveling in-season with millions of student backpackers is much better.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
hows vietnam at that time? this could be very interestinggggg.....travelling alone in vietnam at this time will it be easy to meet people? i just dont want to get stuck alone crying in my pillow at night.
well you moping into your pillow is pretty much inevitable no matter where you go man, just seems to happen every time you picjed some girks and get rejected
smile.gif
nah, September isn't a bad time to come. The south will be still in the wet season, which isn't as scary as it sounds, it just means that it will be hot in the morning, pour with rain for a couple hours in the afternoon, and then be really sticky. It will be late summer in central Vietnam, so should be hot there, get some beach time in. Up north it is warm but drizzly at that time of year. Tiger02 and I did a motorbike trip to Sapa (about 3 days from Hanoi) around Aug or Sep, and were rained on the whole way...never heavy monsoonal stuff, and never cold, just drizzly while still warm. Strange weather. That bike trip, btw, was one of the best things either of us has ever done. Highly recommended. You should find it pretty easy to meet other travelers on your way up, there are lots and lots of people backpacking their way up and down the country. Banging them is just an exercise in fish. barrel. shoot. Maybe even for you. I'll make sure Saigon treats you well. Pulling Vietnam out of it for a minute, I am generally an easy sell for a run over to Phnom Penh. That place is evil, yet it keeps pulling me back. You can take a bus/boat up to Siem Reap and go to Angkor from there. I will skulk back to Saigon and swear never to set foot in the place again. You can also check out Laos (where I have still never been actually). People say it's incredible. Note that if you are going to do Cambo/Laos, then you will need a multiple entry visa for Vietnam. It is much easier to deal with that before you leave than to try and get new visas each time.

West24

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks a lot for the info! im really gna consider it. ohh babyy

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads