• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help an ex-MC guy pick some boots

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
*sees mafoofan once*

Screen Shot 2019-01-06 at 8.19.32 PM.png

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
How the **** did i miss this thread?

StanleyWingtip

Reaction score
interesting read. @TheFoo wear what's comfortable (physically/mentally) and makes you feel good man. Forget the haters and just do you. Ppl are gonna talk **** regardless of your clothing, its human nature. Take ownership and live by your own terms. "Look good-feel good-play good".

ShoeWho

Reaction score
I'm an English biker, new to this thread, not sure I want to read it because it seems to be for a car driver. But I have about 50 pairs of boots so maybe I have relevant input. But what's it got to do with bikes? And what is a DR jacket?

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Foo is a 1%er but not the kind of 1%er you are thinking..

ShoeWho

Reaction score
1%er doesn't have a MC meaning over here. But I know what it means over there.

Some guy boasting about his Porsche is what I would term a 'c*nt' and I would set fire to his transport. Does he want to look like a biker, i.e. his enemy? What a delicious irony.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1%er doesn't have a MC meaning over here. But I know what it means over there.

Some guy boasting about his Porsche is what I would term a 'c*nt' and I would set fire to his transport. Does he want to look like a biker, i.e. his enemy? What a delicious irony.
MC stands for men's clothing in this context. DR is a double rider jacket, a biker jacket traditionally.
But feel free to piss on foo, he's certainly earned it.

ShoeWho

Reaction score
Ah, double rider! I vaguely remember that irritating, redundant label for a Lancer-fronted jacket.

I don't think MC stands for men's clothing here. Unless we're talking about transgender gals who have given up their old wardrobe.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ah, double rider! I vaguely remember that irritating, redundant label for a Lancer-fronted jacket.

I don't think MC stands for men's clothing here. Unless we're talking about transgender gals who have given up their old wardrobe.
Man, I wish you would contribute to the Roger Stone thread on the CM side of the board.

ShoeWho

Reaction score
I couldn't really get into that without writing a 20,000 word treatise on how and why American men of European extraction are so badly dressed.

ShoeWho

Reaction score
I think you'll probably have to wait for my book. I've spent a couple of years nosing around the US trying to understand the chasm which has grown between the Europeans who went to the US a couple of hundred years ago and the ones who stayed at home. Fashion is an interesting part of it but it's entwined with politics, class, survival, war, topography, art and 100 other things. I've been trying to work out a kind of Grand Unified Theory of the USA.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think you'll probably have to wait for my book. I've spent a couple of years nosing around the US trying to understand the chasm which has grown between the Europeans who went to the US a couple of hundred years ago and the ones who stayed at home. Fashion is an interesting part of it but it's entwined with politics, class, survival, war, topography, art and 100 other things. I've been trying to work out a kind of Grand Unified Theory of the USA.

Mate, ah thought ah tellt ye tae git oan yer trolly? Ya bawbag, tis nae cried a lance-front jacket, it's a double rider fur Schott cam up wi' it. We americans won th' war, so you can sook it you scabby cockswomble tube. Yer maw wears a denim jaiket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads