• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Help an ex-MC guy pick some boots

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
How the fuck did i miss this thread?

StanleyWingtip

Reaction score
interesting read. @TheFoo wear what's comfortable (physically/mentally) and makes you feel good man. Forget the haters and just do you. Ppl are gonna talk shit regardless of your clothing, its human nature. Take ownership and live by your own terms. "Look good-feel good-play good".

ShoeWho

Reaction score
I'm an English biker, new to this thread, not sure I want to read it because it seems to be for a car driver. But I have about 50 pairs of boots so maybe I have relevant input. But what's it got to do with bikes? And what is a DR jacket?

gnatty8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Foo is a 1%er but not the kind of 1%er you are thinking..

ShoeWho

Reaction score
1%er doesn't have a MC meaning over here. But I know what it means over there.

Some guy boasting about his Porsche is what I would term a 'c*nt' and I would set fire to his transport. Does he want to look like a biker, i.e. his enemy? What a delicious irony.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1%er doesn't have a MC meaning over here. But I know what it means over there.

Some guy boasting about his Porsche is what I would term a 'c*nt' and I would set fire to his transport. Does he want to look like a biker, i.e. his enemy? What a delicious irony.
MC stands for men's clothing in this context. DR is a double rider jacket, a biker jacket traditionally.
But feel free to piss on foo, he's certainly earned it.

ShoeWho

Reaction score
Ah, double rider! I vaguely remember that irritating, redundant label for a Lancer-fronted jacket.

I don't think MC stands for men's clothing here. Unless we're talking about transgender gals who have given up their old wardrobe.

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, double rider! I vaguely remember that irritating, redundant label for a Lancer-fronted jacket.

I don't think MC stands for men's clothing here. Unless we're talking about transgender gals who have given up their old wardrobe.
Man, I wish you would contribute to the Roger Stone thread on the CM side of the board.

ShoeWho

Reaction score
I couldn't really get into that without writing a 20,000 word treatise on how and why American men of European extraction are so badly dressed.

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I couldn't really get into that without writing a 20,000 word treatise on how and why American men of European extraction are so badly dressed.
10/10 -- would read every word.

ShoeWho

Reaction score
I think you'll probably have to wait for my book. I've spent a couple of years nosing around the US trying to understand the chasm which has grown between the Europeans who went to the US a couple of hundred years ago and the ones who stayed at home. Fashion is an interesting part of it but it's entwined with politics, class, survival, war, topography, art and 100 other things. I've been trying to work out a kind of Grand Unified Theory of the USA.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think you'll probably have to wait for my book. I've spent a couple of years nosing around the US trying to understand the chasm which has grown between the Europeans who went to the US a couple of hundred years ago and the ones who stayed at home. Fashion is an interesting part of it but it's entwined with politics, class, survival, war, topography, art and 100 other things. I've been trying to work out a kind of Grand Unified Theory of the USA.
Mate, ah thought ah tellt ye tae git oan yer trolly? Ya bawbag, tis nae cried a lance-front jacket, it's a double rider fur Schott cam up wi' it. We americans won th' war, so you can sook it you scabby cockswomble tube. Yer maw wears a denim jaiket.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.