Help/Advice Needed Re: Gianni Versace Couture Suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by shopper729, Feb 6, 2013.

1. shopper729

shopper729 New Member

Hi everyone. I recently bought a lot of mens clothing from an upscale estate sale in my area--Burberry trench coat, camel hair & cashmere coats & jackets, etc. Most I believe are vintage pieces. One of the items is a suit with a Gianni Versace Couture label. I think it's probably vintage but not sure & have Googled with no luck.

It's double breasted with four large metal buttons with the Medusa. The label is black with Gianni Versace Couture in white & metallic gold with white & metallic gold trim. Doesn't say Made In Italy on the side, but does say that on a narrow label inside at the neck. The pants are cuffed. Has the Medusa lining. I tried to attach pics but no luck. :(

Any info about this suit is gratefully appreciated. TIA.

2. sparrow

sparrow Senior member

its 1997 or before if Im correct

3. shopper729

shopper729 New Member

Ok thanks. Anybody know why I keep getting error messages when I try to post photos?

4. shopper729

shopper729 New Member

5. shopper729

shopper729 New Member

Gee, guess not. I wish all of these forums on the internet weren't so blasted clique-ish. [​IMG]

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Im not sure why you get error messages when you try and upload a photo. Try a 3rd party hosting program like photobucket or simliar to post. You wont get any answers for sure without one.

But, the label you mention stopped being used in or about 2005, so its definitely between 1995-2005, that label was used for a long time. The maker of the suit is either Alias or Inco. The thin narrow tag on the strip should have a string of numbers, on the bottom line that may start with 963 or 972 or something like that. That will tell you the year and season of manufacture. (in the case of 972, it would be 1997, Spring).

Post pictures when you can and good luck.

7. sparrow

sparrow Senior member

like spoo said try a different host
    useimgur, thats popular on onther sites
    http://imgur.com/