• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help a style noob choose a jacket.

pr3z

Reaction score
Hey guys.. I'm beginning to take a keen interest in clothes/style and what looks right rather than just impulsively buying ill-fitting items, or clothes that I wear once which rot in the wardrobe for eternity.

Back onto the main question - I have a $200/£100 limit to buy a new jacket, but would ideally like to spend as little as possible. I live in the UK and I'm pretty limited in terms of places to shop, however I have a few images of jackets which appealed to me from a web store. I do have a penchant for leather/biker style jackets, however I'm open to any suggestions.

In terms of what I look like (if this needs to be taken into account when choosing items?) - 6ft 1, medium muscular build, dark hair and medium skin tone.

One: £50

image1xl.jpg

image2xl.jpg

Two: £130

image1xl.jpg

image2xl.jpg

Three: £90

image4xl.jpg

image2xl.jpg

I don't really like jackets/coats in this style (too conservative for me):

BS-MS4100-BLK.jpg

Opinions and suggestions are much appreciated!

Johnathan

Reaction score
I like three the best. I really liked the front of two, but the back kinda ruined it for me.

pr3z

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnathan
I like three the best. I really liked the front of two, but the back kinda ruined it for me.

Yeah, it was my favorite until I saw the back
frown.gif
it looks very short as well. Number three looks like a real nice fit, and would merge well with my jewelery.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One.

gawkrodger

Reaction score
for cheap, vaguely decent jackets/clothes in the UK, Asos isn't bad. Maybe check Uniqlo as well and maybe even H&M/Zara

gawkrodger

Reaction score
oh, and don't forget the greatest chain in Britain, TK Maxx!

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3 is nice

gawkrodger

Reaction score
oh, and don't forget the greatest chain in Britain, TK Maxx!

Kei

Reaction score
3 is cool. Second jacket looks short

pr3z

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gawkrodger
for cheap, vaguely decent jackets/clothes in the UK, Asos isn't bad. Maybe check Uniqlo as well and maybe even H&M/Zara
bahhh, **** TK Maxx lol, out of the 95% of crap in there you can sometimes find the odd gem though... like trainers with knives! Yeah, Asos is where those pictures come from - seems like one of the only decent places online that don't charge ridiculous prices. I'll check out Uniglo. I've been to H&M a few times and never bought anything, but I'll check back soon. River Island is nice for getting the odd thing, but they are usually a bit chavvy. Topman tends to be ****, with the clothes usually made with naff materials and tailored for malnourished nu-rave/emo teens, whilst independent high-street shops usually charge ridiculous prices.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics