• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Help a style noob choose a jacket.

pr3z

Reaction score
Hey guys.. I'm beginning to take a keen interest in clothes/style and what looks right rather than just impulsively buying ill-fitting items, or clothes that I wear once which rot in the wardrobe for eternity.

Back onto the main question - I have a $200/£100 limit to buy a new jacket, but would ideally like to spend as little as possible. I live in the UK and I'm pretty limited in terms of places to shop, however I have a few images of jackets which appealed to me from a web store. I do have a penchant for leather/biker style jackets, however I'm open to any suggestions.

In terms of what I look like (if this needs to be taken into account when choosing items?) - 6ft 1, medium muscular build, dark hair and medium skin tone.

One: £50

Two: £130

Three: £90

I don't really like jackets/coats in this style (too conservative for me):

Opinions and suggestions are much appreciated!

Johnathan

Reaction score
I like three the best. I really liked the front of two, but the back kinda ruined it for me.

pr3z

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnathan
I like three the best. I really liked the front of two, but the back kinda ruined it for me.

Yeah, it was my favorite until I saw the back
it looks very short as well. Number three looks like a real nice fit, and would merge well with my jewelery.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One.

gawkrodger

Reaction score
for cheap, vaguely decent jackets/clothes in the UK, Asos isn't bad. Maybe check Uniqlo as well and maybe even H&M/Zara

gawkrodger

Reaction score
oh, and don't forget the greatest chain in Britain, TK Maxx!

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3 is nice

gawkrodger

Reaction score
oh, and don't forget the greatest chain in Britain, TK Maxx!

Kei

Reaction score
3 is cool. Second jacket looks short

pr3z

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gawkrodger
for cheap, vaguely decent jackets/clothes in the UK, Asos isn't bad. Maybe check Uniqlo as well and maybe even H&M/Zara
bahhh, fuck TK Maxx lol, out of the 95% of crap in there you can sometimes find the odd gem though... like trainers with knives! Yeah, Asos is where those pictures come from - seems like one of the only decent places online that don't charge ridiculous prices. I'll check out Uniglo. I've been to H&M a few times and never bought anything, but I'll check back soon. River Island is nice for getting the odd thing, but they are usually a bit chavvy. Topman tends to be shit, with the clothes usually made with naff materials and tailored for malnourished nu-rave/emo teens, whilst independent high-street shops usually charge ridiculous prices.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 275 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40