• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help a petite guy

gleibar

Reaction score
Hi, I am new here... I thought this might be the right place for some advices. I tried searching for this on the forums but found nothing. Sorry if it has been covered before.

The thing is that I am a very petite built 26 year old. I am about 175cm (5'7 I think) and not exactly skinny but just allover petite. I think my neck size is 13.5 - 14, chest around 32.

I have no problems with my build and do not wish to dress it away but the problem lies in the difficulty of finding clothing that fits (like it should).

To give you an idea what my style preference is, I would point to the Dior Homme 2005 spring collection. In that collection Slimane even uses models that have my build. See photos below.

00024m.jpg

00010m.jpg

Dior Homme is about the only label I can sometimes get the right fit but it's a expensive clothing habit for a student. Until this day I haven't found a perfect fitting dress shirt or a (ready to wear) suit anywhere... The only perfect fitting jacket I have is from Japan and the only suit I own was tailor made.

So..
1) Does anyone know of a clothing label which has Slimane-esque fits of sweaters, jackets, shirts and such - in small sizes (xs and s)
2) What are my options regarding suits. I would give so much to get a slim fitting suit!

Hope you guys can help.

Thanks!

PatriotsFan

Reaction score
For less expensive brands I would check out Ben Sherman's SoHo fit for casual wear. Other brands to look out for would be H&M and Zara, as they usually have slim fitting clothes. G-Star also makes their clothes much more slim fitting, and they have quite a nice collection of sweaters, jackets, and shirts.

More expensive brands with slim fits include:
Band of outsiders
Nice Collective
A.P.C.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Zara definitely has some slim stuff. Hugo Boss slim-fit shirts can be VERY slim. One I had to give away because it became skin-tight after laundry!

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any of the higher end designer brands--especially in Europe--have a 34 and are usually slim. For example Costume National.

I don't find APC that slim--the shirts are also unusually long.

gehrig

Reaction score
This is a nonproductive response, but I recommend using a phrase along the lines of "a slight build" to describe your physique as the word petite definitely conjures up feminine connotations.

Forsaken

Reaction score
I'm even skinnier than you, with a 30in chest, and unfortunately I haven't found any company that fits like Dior Homme. Their sweaters in a xxs and suits/jackets in a 40/42P fit perfectly. For dress shirts though you should give Jantzen a try if you haven't already. For sweaters you might want to try some of the Japanese brands like Lad Musician and Julius.

gleibar

Reaction score
Thanks to all of you for the replies! I really appreciate it.

And Gehrig... "Slight build" is duly noted
smile.gif

electricol

Reaction score
I too am having the WORST WORST WORST luck with finding a dress shirt!!!! you will not believe how frustrating it is to find a dress shirt for someone like me that is slim fitting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! argh I have a 30/31 inch chest and am around 5'5. I cant seem to find any Jantzen stuff online is there a site I should go to??? Please more suggestions. I am from Vancouver B.C. so hopefully the stuff you suggest is here or online!!
biggrin.gif
Are my options to get a dress shirt custom made or spend upwards of $400 on a dior homme dress shirt? sssuugggeessttiioonnnsss PLEASEEEEE !! i graduate soon, which means I am going to be looking for a career even sooner!! and you know what that means! business attire! Thanks -col

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads