• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help a beginner, what do you think of these shoes!

Rubber

Reaction score
Basicly to go with all my jeans, dark, light, indigo, black.

http://www.imagepup.com/up/Z26W_1157390662_woo.jpg

I really like them myself and i already ordered them, but i'd like to have some sort commentation from people who know this stuff better than i do
smile.gif

Ahaz

Reaction score
I think they're pretty ugly. I'm not a fan of brown hybrid trainers/casual shoes in general, they remind me too much of all the hideous Steve Madden and Sketchers that used to be popular.

Sorry
frown.gif
. What do you like about them?

Rubber

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahaz
I think they're pretty ugly. I'm not a fan of brown hybrid trainers/casual shoes in general, they remind me too much of all the hideous Steve Madden and Sketchers that used to be popular.

Sorry
frown.gif
. What do you like about them?

I don't really know, somehow the design just pleases me.
confused.gif

I'd also like to hear some other opinions before i start to
musicboohoo[1].gif

Ahaz

Reaction score
Yeah, if you like them, cool. I just don't think that they can be considered fashionable at all, which is what this board is about. So the opinions you get might not be favorable.

Rubber

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahaz
Yeah, if you like them, cool. I just don't think that they can be considered fashionable at all, which is what this board is about.
I guess the word i'm looking for isn't fashionable, more like, good looking or stylish or even wearable .
smile.gif

I just wish to hear from someone else that they also like this shoe, so atleast i'm not alone with my soon to arrive clown shoes
tounge.gif

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure they're wearable. If you're excited to own them, give these shoes a chance.
smile.gif

Babar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rubber
Basicly to go with all my jeans, dark, light, indigo, black. http://www.imagepup.com/up/Z26W_1157390662_woo.jpg I really like them myself and i already ordered them, but i'd like to have some sort commentation from people who know this stuff better than i do
smile.gif

Definitely
not to be worn with black jeans. Not my style, but I must admit, I've seen worse from more expensive brands. Prada Sport has some styles that are quite similar.

generic_guy

Reaction score
Not keen but I think they'd look much better with dark brown laces.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With shoes like that I do not think many people are going to think: "man that guy has ugly shoes", but on this board, they may not get many points.

My vote: not so much ugly as plain and boring.

fashion_newbie

Reaction score
I was looking at something somewhat similar too OP. I agree they aren't 'stylish' but they are not ugly either and if you like it, kudos to you.
To everyone else, what shoes would you suggest for the purpose the OP stated? What is more stylish, similar price range and works well with most jeans?

Just curious, since I am looking to make a similar purchase.

-fn

Rubber

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Babar
Definitely not to be worn with black jeans. Not my style, but I must admit, I've seen worse from more expensive brands. Prada Sport has some styles that are quite similar.
it's a strellson shoe
teacha.gif

I personally like the shoe still, absolutely no idea why. I'll give a try but what would you recommend besides those?

Onitsuka tigers in birch maybe?

I'm only 17, i got no balls to pull off some of your shoes
confused.gif

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rubber
it's a strellson shoe
teacha.gif

I personally like the shoe still, absolutely no idea why. I'll give a try but what would you recommend besides those?

Onitsuka tigers in birch maybe?

I'm only 17, i got no balls to pull off some of your shoes
confused.gif

I don't like the shoe at all. A black rubber sole with dark brown suede is not a good place to start.

My advice would be to get to a good "indie" shoe store with lot's of different styles and brands (and I'm not talking Foot Locker) and try lot's of stuff on. This way you can see what you like. I've personally always liked Golas and the Spanish brand Quick. It's along the lines of what you're looking for. Where are you located? I'm sure the forum members could recommend a few places in your area. Alternatively you can check out SuperFuture's Maps section.

BTW rockin' something different is part of the fun.

A.

Rubber

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron
I don't like the shoe at all. A black rubber sole with dark brown suede is not a good place to start.

My advice would be to get to a good "indie" shoe store with lot's of different styles and brands (and I'm not talking Foot Locker) and try lot's of stuff on. This way you can see what you like. I've personally always liked Golas and the Spanish brand Quick. It's along the lines of what you're looking for. Where are you located? I'm sure the forum members could recommend a few places in your area. Alternatively you can check out SuperFuture's Maps section.

BTW rockin' something different is part of the fun.

A.

I'm in Finland, the problem is i'd have to drive around 1000 miles to go to a proper shoe store where i would just pick a shoe just like the one i showed above.

nomovement

Reaction score
I think my dad has a pair of those-he likes to wear them with his 501's pulled up to right above his belly button and then he tucks in the company polo. Dad, casualwear. nuf said. buy some finnish shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads