1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Help a beginner, what do you think of these shoes!

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Rubber, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Rubber

Rubber Well-Known Member

Basicly to go with all my jeans, dark, light, indigo, black.

http://www.imagepup.com/up/Z26W_1157390662_woo.jpg

I really like them myself and i already ordered them, but i'd like to have some sort commentation from people who know this stuff better than i do [​IMG]

2. Ahaz

Ahaz Senior Member

I think they're pretty ugly. I'm not a fan of brown hybrid trainers/casual shoes in general, they remind me too much of all the hideous Steve Madden and Sketchers that used to be popular.

Sorry [​IMG]. What do you like about them?

3. Rubber

Rubber Well-Known Member

I think they're pretty ugly. I'm not a fan of brown hybrid trainers/casual shoes in general, they remind me too much of all the hideous Steve Madden and Sketchers that used to be popular.

Sorry [​IMG]. What do you like about them?

I don't really know, somehow the design just pleases me. [​IMG]

I'd also like to hear some other opinions before i start to [​IMG]

4. Ahaz

Ahaz Senior Member

Yeah, if you like them, cool. I just don't think that they can be considered fashionable at all, which is what this board is about. So the opinions you get might not be favorable.

5. Rubber

Rubber Well-Known Member

Yeah, if you like them, cool. I just don't think that they can be considered fashionable at all, which is what this board is about.
    I guess the word i'm looking for isn't fashionable, more like, good looking or stylish or even wearable . [​IMG]

I just wish to hear from someone else that they also like this shoe, so atleast i'm not alone with my soon to arrive clown shoes [​IMG]

6. Ivan Kipling

Ivan Kipling Distinguished Member

I'm sure they're wearable. If you're excited to own them, give these shoes a chance. [​IMG]

7. Babar

Babar Senior Member

Basicly to go with all my jeans, dark, light, indigo, black. http://www.imagepup.com/up/Z26W_1157390662_woo.jpg I really like them myself and i already ordered them, but i'd like to have some sort commentation from people who know this stuff better than i do [​IMG]
    Definitely
    not to be worn with black jeans. Not my style, but I must admit, I've seen worse from more expensive brands. Prada Sport has some styles that are quite similar.

8. generic_guy

generic_guy Member

Not keen but I think they'd look much better with dark brown laces.

9. HEWSINATOR

HEWSINATOR Distinguished Member

With shoes like that I do not think many people are going to think: "man that guy has ugly shoes", but on this board, they may not get many points.

My vote: not so much ugly as plain and boring.

10. fashion_newbie

fashion_newbie Senior Member

I was looking at something somewhat similar too OP. I agree they aren't 'stylish' but they are not ugly either and if you like it, kudos to you.
    To everyone else, what shoes would you suggest for the purpose the OP stated? What is more stylish, similar price range and works well with most jeans?

Just curious, since I am looking to make a similar purchase.

-fn

11. Rubber

Rubber Well-Known Member

Definitely not to be worn with black jeans. Not my style, but I must admit, I've seen worse from more expensive brands. Prada Sport has some styles that are quite similar.
    it's a strellson shoe [​IMG]
    I personally like the shoe still, absolutely no idea why. I'll give a try but what would you recommend besides those?

Onitsuka tigers in birch maybe?

I'm only 17, i got no balls to pull off some of your shoes [​IMG]

12. Aaron

Aaron Distinguished Member

it's a strellson shoe [​IMG]
    I personally like the shoe still, absolutely no idea why. I'll give a try but what would you recommend besides those?

Onitsuka tigers in birch maybe?

I'm only 17, i got no balls to pull off some of your shoes [​IMG]

I don't like the shoe at all. A black rubber sole with dark brown suede is not a good place to start.

My advice would be to get to a good "indie" shoe store with lot's of different styles and brands (and I'm not talking Foot Locker) and try lot's of stuff on. This way you can see what you like. I've personally always liked Golas and the Spanish brand Quick. It's along the lines of what you're looking for. Where are you located? I'm sure the forum members could recommend a few places in your area. Alternatively you can check out SuperFuture's Maps section.

BTW rockin' something different is part of the fun.

A.

13. Rubber

Rubber Well-Known Member

I don't like the shoe at all. A black rubber sole with dark brown suede is not a good place to start.

My advice would be to get to a good "indie" shoe store with lot's of different styles and brands (and I'm not talking Foot Locker) and try lot's of stuff on. This way you can see what you like. I've personally always liked Golas and the Spanish brand Quick. It's along the lines of what you're looking for. Where are you located? I'm sure the forum members could recommend a few places in your area. Alternatively you can check out SuperFuture's Maps section.

BTW rockin' something different is part of the fun.

A.

I'm in Finland, the problem is i'd have to drive around 1000 miles to go to a proper shoe store where i would just pick a shoe just like the one i showed above.

14. dizzhizz

dizzhizz Senior Member

look harder. even nastier than those diesels.

15. nomovement

nomovement Senior Member

I think my dad has a pair of those-he likes to wear them with his 501's pulled up to right above his belly button and then he tucks in the company polo. Dad, casualwear. nuf said. buy some finnish shoes.