Helmut Lang shoes, good quality?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mr monty, Sep 7, 2006.

1. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

Anyone familiar with Helmut Lang shoes?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

Since those are on ebay, you'll probably get them for a good price, and I personally think the quality is very good. Keep in mind that HL shoes run a 1/2 size big, at least in my experience with several pairs of them. I'm a US 9.5, and I take a size 8 (tagged) in Helmut Lang shoes.

3. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

Since those are on ebay, you'll probably get them for a good price, and I personally think the quality is very good. Keep in mind that HL shoes run a 1/2 size big, at least in my experience with several pairs of them. I'm a US 9.5, and I take a size 8 (tagged) in Helmut Lang shoes.

"I'm a US 9.5, and I take a size 8 (tagged) in Helmut Lang shoes"

That is 1.5 size larger than a size 8, or did you mean a size 9?

4. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

I should have been more specific. [​IMG] My HL shoes are tagged a size 8, which I understand to be based off UK sizing. I'm normally a UK size 8.5 (Costume National, Puma Platinum, Jil Sander, etc), which converts to a US 9.5. I just simplified it to say '1 1/2 sizes larger than your normal size', and was making a direct comparison to standard US sizing, since for me HL 8 = US 9.5. I hope that makes sense. [​IMG] Your feet may work differently, don't know. I would ask the seller for a toe-to-heel measurement just to be sure.