• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Helmut Lang Sale

amblus

Reaction score
The Helmut Lang sale (New York store) has shifted into high gear. Lot's of stock on the main floor at >75% discount.

$40 jeans (dry denim sprinkled throughout)
$50 jean jackets

sale goes till sunday.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Holy crap. Someone want to pick me up a pair of HL jeans? Slim, straight, dark, dry, medium rise, 32x34, I'll paypal you plus 20 bucks.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
given prada has announced that they will be closing the new york and paris helmut lang stores, this will likely be the be all and end all of sales ......

Brian SD

Reaction score
Anyone going? Let us know.
lookaround.gif

amblus

Reaction score
Holy crap. Someone want to pick me up a pair of HL jeans? Slim, straight, dark, dry, medium rise, 32x34, I'll paypal you plus 20 bucks.

i'll likely go back in a couple of days, with the hopes that they restocked by then. i can't promise anything (it was pretty chaotic today), but i'll keep an eye out for requests.

j, did you want these in indigo or black? is there a model you prefer?

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoops, should have told me earlier. I spent more than I should have, but there will be no more HL jeans in the future... so I felt a bit justified in picking up four pairs of pants. Very few basics left in size 29 & 30.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know the models. I would like indigo and black, actually. Hell just grab a bunch in my size and I'll sell whatever I don't want on here.
biggrin.gif

Texel

Reaction score
I honestly don't think that you can get good stuff from Helmut Lang in NYC anymore...

sblande

Reaction score
if anyone could pick me up a pair of 34x34 (a true 34, if they shrink significantly a 36) in dry classic cut, I would be appreciative and would be willing to pay a premium for your effort. contact me please.

itzamazing

Reaction score
Plenty of jean jackets left when I stopped in today, all were $50. some in a nice darker rinse as well.
Lots of jeans in small sizes, didn't really look as I wasn't interested. Some nice sweaters, all very large. Shoes were pretty bad.

YMark

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the Helmut Lang "Classic Cut Unisex" jeans? How they fit, the rise, etc. Or maybe how they compare to other designer jeans? Also, how true to size they are (i.e. I wear a 29 in Earnest Sewn and Seven, would I wear a 29 in HL as well)?

Thanks

amblus

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the Helmut Lang "Classic Cut Unisex" jeans? How they fit, the rise, etc. Or maybe how they compare to other designer jeans? Also, how true to size they are (i.e. I wear a 29 in Earnest Sewn and Seven, would I wear a 29 in HL as well)?

Thanks
My pair of "Classic Cut" tagged size 28 measure:

Waist: 30"
Front rise: 9.5"
Back rise: 14"
Width at thigh: 9.25"
Width at cuff: 7.75"

Inseams usually run 34", unless you get the "turn-up" version which has a 38" inseam.

I don't own any other brand of jeans, but hope that helps.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads