• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Helmut Lang Jeans Sizing Help

parallelogram

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I wanted to buy a pair of Helmut Lang Jeans either in a straight or skinny fit. I searched the forum for some posts on the sizing but couldn't really find much information that might be of help to me.

Size 30 in HL jeans runs around 31" which would be 15.5" laid flat. according to the online vendor. I am a natural waist of 32" and wear a size 30 in all standard brands, except size 29 in Diesel Viker, and size 31 in Nudie. All my other size 30 jeans measure 16.5" aligned, except for a pair of Buffalo jeans (100% cotton) which measure 15.5" and they fit fine, probably because of the way the hips are cut.

So if anyone has any experience with Helmut Lang should I purchase their jeans in size 30 or 31?

If you guys could provide me with some insight on this issue, it would be of great help.

best rgrds,
parallel..

parallelogram

Reaction score
Guys seriously, help a brother out.
I really want to get a pair of HL jeans online but I am uncertain about the sizing. I have bought a few jeans through ebay recently and they all fit me wrong, and I do not wish to waste more money this time.
Someone who has experience with HL jeans please let me know whether I should get a size 30 or 31 or maybe even 32-- if my natural waist is 32" and my regular jeans size is 30 which translates to 16.5"/17" laid flat aligned pulled tight and 36.5"/37" if the entire waistband is measured in inches from the inside.
I live in Toronto, I cannot think of any stores or have a clue which carry HL jeans so I could gauge my size. Any responses will be greatly appreciated.

KenRose

Reaction score
Hey man. I'm in Calgary and I bought a pair of HL jeans last summer in NY. Extremely stiff. I was a 38 waist then and I bought 34's. I've lost weight since and now they are too big. If I were you I'd get size 30, but I don't know how yours fit compared to mine. I am pretty sure that Helmut Lang has stopped making menswear, so you're probably buying last years stock.
Ken
Originally Posted by parallelogram
Guys seriously, help a brother out.
I really want to get a pair of HL jeans online but I am uncertain about the sizing. I have bought a few jeans through ebay recently and they all fit me wrong, and I do not wish to waste more money this time.
Someone who has experience with HL jeans please let me know whether I should get a size 30 or 31 or maybe even 32-- if my natural waist is 32" and my regular jeans size is 30 which translates to 16.5"/17" laid flat aligned pulled tight and 36.5"/37" if the entire waistband is measured in inches from the inside.
I live in Toronto, I cannot think of any stores or have a clue which carry HL jeans so I could gauge my size. Any responses will be greatly appreciated.

parallelogram

Reaction score
Hey,
thanks for the response. I was looking at HL jeans on ebay, I even asked the sellers for exact measurements and it seems that HL jeans come in all different waist measurements. For eg size 30 can either be 15.5" or 15" exact and size 32 can be 16" exact? that is just absurd. Either these guys aren't measuring the jeans properly or I have no clue about high end couture sizing. I would have bought a size 30 but recently I bought a pair of brand new 7FAM jeans in size 30 which once I measured them translated to 16" on the waist which was too tight for me if I wanted to wear them with a shirt and t-shirt tucked in for winter. Since then I have become prudent about the measurements and not chancing my luck.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair and I have to say then run large. I'm a size 32 in most brands, I bought a pair of HL jeans in 31 and they were still too big.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads