• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Helmut Lang Bootcut Jeans Fit

cbrokaw

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the helmut lang bootcut jeans fit? Are they similar to the Earnest Sewn Hutch?

Thanks in advance.

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
Slim, inconsistent waist sizing, straigh leg opening, medium-low rise. They fit perfectly...if you get the right size. I'd get an actual waist measurement or try them on if possible.

Dan

v0rtex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cbrokaw
Does anyone know how the helmut lang bootcut jeans fit? Are they similar to the Earnest Sewn Hutch?

Not very bootcut at all (almost straight leg) and true to size (although the rise seems to vary so the actual measurement changes).

Your picture links didn't work. Try posting them at imageshack.us or tinypic.com instead?

RustyRyan

Reaction score
Fit is excellent, definitely get your size and don't size up, I did this and they feel a bit too. If any one know where or have any in size 36 PM me please.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are a few variations of the Helmut Lang 'nonstandard' fit... bootcut, low rise bootcut, wide leg, low-rise contour fit, italian cut, etc... All of them, IME are cut to the same stock (a 31 is always a 31, in the relative sense) though the actual measurements, taper and rise will vary, though very slightly. You aren't going to find much of a wide-leg in the HL pantheon of jeans, maybe an inch wider hem and so on. No crazy flares here.

I don't have any Earnest Sewn jeans, so I can't make a comparison.

That said, I stick to the HL classic 5 pocket (the only jeans I own). Whatever you choose, the HL fit is amazing.

Originally Posted by RustyRyan
Fit is excellent, definitely get your size and don't size up, I did this and they feel a bit too. If any one know where or have any in size 36 PM me please.
Yoox.com? They have a couple of 36s.

Brian SD

Reaction score
To Helmut Lang, bootcut = straight leg, and classic = tapered.

I have some jeans from Helmut Lang (mine are white, actually), and I agree. The fit is perfect.

seen

Reaction score
Where do you guys get your HL jeans?

kumoo

Reaction score
the fit is just perfect.

slim and straight, however i do recognize a small bootcut on them. if you want the measurements, i can measure it for you.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by seen
Where do you guys get your HL jeans?

eBay, yoox.com, allanio.com.

With Allanio I've heard some people complain about really shoddy return behavior (taking weeks to refund or even reply to return inquiries,etc). I've had zero problems buying stuff from them, though I've never had to return an item. Just letting you know what's up
smile.gif
. Yoox has a great return policy, and they are quick to refund your money. I prefer them out of all three.

seen

Reaction score
Here are the pictures again. Can anyone check for if it's authentic?

amblus

Reaction score
^ those look real; other things to check for: 'Helmut Lang Jeans' or 'Helmut Lang NY NY' stamped on all of the buttons and rivets, flat-felled inseam, and the presence of two cotton tags sewn onto the inner face of the right front pocket the top one has 'Helmut Lang M_______' and the second indicates the model style.

xcoldricex

Reaction score
they made fake helmut langs? crazy. i didn't think he was that well known for his jeans for fakers to make fakes. well i guess being in china for awhile you learn that there is a fake of everything (they even made fake eggs and fake oreos- no joke) if you look hard enough. to add to the helmut lang fans. yeah. they're nice jeans- probably one of the best 'designer' jeans out there.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xcoldricex
they made fake helmut langs? crazy. i didn't think he was that well known for his jeans for fakers to make fakes. well i guess being in china for awhile you learn that there is a fake of everything (they even made fake eggs and fake oreos- no joke) if you look hard enough.

to add to the helmut lang fans. yeah. they're nice jeans- probably one of the best 'designer' jeans out there.

IMO, without a doubt, they are the best designer jeans. The only designer jeans that compete with dedicated denim lines.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads