• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hello - On a Mission to find a particular style

IrishFashion

Reaction score
Hello, greetings from Ireland.
I'm new to this forum and hope to see and learn about the trends all you fashion savvy folks have. I peak on the forum from time to time and I find it pretty useful. However, today I'm on a mission. I'm looking for a winter coat, (men's obviously LOL) and I'm looking for this particular style. So basically a long wool coat (You know, like thigh length), but rather than the traditional peacoat style with buttons, it's kinda like a biker coat with a zipper fastening and Also belted. The only style I found was this MCQ coat however I can't get it in my size in Brown Thomas (Irish version of Barneys or Harrods etc) http://www.selfridges.com/en/Menswe...002434-318903RAZ504162/?previewAttribute=Navy

I was just wondering if any of you folks knew of any similar styles. I'm just obsessed with the biker asymmetrical zips and belts and I need it to be wool for winter! (Irish weather gets to about maybe -6c so it's not too bad)

If not, the only other option I have is going with a traditional Burberry Wool trench coat: http://ie.burberry.com/mid-length-wool-cashmere-trench-coat-p38777911

In terms of budget, I have a max of €1500 / 1250 pounds / $2000 and if possible, try to source it either by designer or like a shop within the european union or ideally on a uk website. :)

Hope you guys can help me find this mythical wool biker coat! Thank you! :)

Have a nice day!

Last edited:

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Todd Snyder available @ Mr Porter $ 1995 oops I didn't know you were looking for a "biker" style coat. I only read the beginning part of your post.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads