• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Height-increasing dress shoes for short men.

Jean-Baptiste

Reaction score
I've found the following store that sells "elevator shoes" in Australia: http://www.taller.com.au/collections/dress-shoes

They seem extremely expensive compared to U.S. based online stores (I would just order from the U.S., except shipping is a killer).

Does anyone know somewhere more local where I can purchase decent dress shoes/boots in a height-increasing/elevator style?

Thank you

bjornb17

Reaction score
very discreet

Altura_JNK_Corel_4c75a51c23e8f.png

Jean-Baptiste

Reaction score
Am I detecting sarcasm or not?

And is that shoe from the link that I posted? The problem I have with that Australian store is that their shoes are ridiculously over-priced compared to comparable overseas stores.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jean-Baptiste
Am I detecting sarcasm or not?
he is being sarcastic. that shoe did in fact come from the website for which you posted the link. It looks like a womans shoe imo. Hopefully someone can provide some insight on this matter because I have never heard of such a shoe outside of "Seinfeld."

Jean-Baptiste

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification, but I'm an occasional **********er, so the fact that it looks like a woman's shoe is not much of a deterrent. I'm currently wearing mid ankle-high boots with my suit, so by comparison this would be much more manly.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification, but I'm an occasional **********er, so the fact that it looks like a woman's shoe is not much of a deterrent. I'm currently wearing mid ankle-high boots with my suit, so by comparison this would be much more manly.
Good for you, man. Good for you

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just put an insole in a chukka or boot, don't waste your money on those ugly, probably uncomfortable shoes.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you really do need some height increase, just jump on ebay and buy some heel lifts. They're like, what, $5?

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm an occasional **********er, so the fact that it looks like a woman's shoe is not much of a deterrent.
Okie dokie.
ffffuuuu.gif
Might I direct you to our sister site?

Jean-Baptiste

Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
Okie dokie.
ffffuuuu.gif
Might I direct you to our sister site?

Sure, you might. But then I would point out that only an idiot would equate "occasional ***********ing" with "poorly dressed", and you're not an idiot, are you? Just because something might look like a "woman's shoe" does not mean it looks like a "bad shoe", especially if the person wearing it does not identify exclusively as either gender. Remember too, that I did not post the photo of that particular shoe; I merely enquired about height-increasing shoes in general. If your asinine remark is coming from a place of transphobia, might I direct you to a more macho and testosterone-fueled website than styleforum, because come on now, REAL men just wear singlets, shorts and thongs and they CERTAINLY don't play classical music.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will be monitoring this thread closely.

Jean-Baptiste

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Unregistered
spam[1].gif

Perhaps you missed the part where I stated that the website I linked to was "extremely expensive."

I have to say, my first impressions of this forum are not good. Back to r/MFA I go!
musicboohoo[1].gif

Poindexter

Reaction score
Looking at the pic of the shoe, I have to say that it looks very well made, if eggstreemly ugly. As (at least one of) the local shrimp representative(s), I got to tell you; the height you are, you got to rock that ****. You can't be cowering. You can't be trying to disguise your height with ******* high heeled shooz, fer fuksakes. If you're five five like me, and Tom Cruise towers over you, getcher azz in the gym, take whatever classes you got to take so those big lumps don't bother you any more. Step out. In tennybops. In bare feetz. These prop shooz are for losers. Don't be a loser. Rock who you are. /rant

Artking3

Reaction score
Perhaps you missed the part where I stated that the website I linked to was "extremely expensive."

I have to say, my first impressions of this forum are not good. Back to r/MFA I go!
musicboohoo[1].gif

Expensive doesn't mean good taste.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads