1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Heavyweight denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JDelage, Jan 31, 2012.

1. JDelage

JDelage Senior member

All,

What are the pros of heavyweight denim (say, 20oz and above for the sake of discussion). Are they more durable than the 10oz - 15oz? Do they look better? Do they fade better? Or is it mostly a feel & coolness issue (authenticity, bragging rights, etc)?

Thanks,

JD

2. Sander

Sander Senior member

I have a 21oz Efes Sky (not produced anymore, but same denim as in IronHeart I've been told). It feels great, is very warm and soft, lasts longer than APC denim (only I can compare it to) and fades well.

3. uhurit

uhurit Senior member

Good for the winter/fall...hot as hell in the summer

4. mistahdabolina

mistahdabolina Well-Known Member

Theyre a bit harder to break in than lighter weight denim.
    but usually heavier denim fades a bit nicer, you get more of a 3D effect aha
    and please correct me if im wrong. We all make mistakes lol

5. auggie

auggie Well-Known Member

My IronHeart's are my favorite pair of denim and feel near indestructible. They don't stretch as much as lightweight, at least the ironhearts, maybe a quarter inch in the waist. Mista is right about the fades...takes awhile, but looks fantastic when they materialize. and they're great if you live in a cool climate city and spend a lot of time walking, commuting, etc. I don't wear them in the spring/summer though....too damn hot.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012