• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heartworms... how often to test?

fir3fox

Reaction score
lol, no.. no foxes.

tbo, I can't remember why we started with the annual rabies shots. I think at one time one of the groomers we took them to might have required it. Its just been out of habit ever since.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
Isn't rabies one of those ounce of prevention/pound of cure type things? It's highly unlikely a dog will get rabies, but if it does it's a death sentence. It can also pass it to humans, for whom rabies is also a death sentence if not treated before it becomes symptomatic. I'm not a expert, so I'm willing to defer to someone who knows more than I do, but I always thought rabies vaccination was because the consequences are so dire (albeit rare).
I guess. If you're a hunter or take long walks through the woods or your dog is named "Old Yeller." Between 1953 and 1966 there were 1010 reported cases of canine rabies in California. I have no idea how many dogs were in CA at that time, but that's a pretty low number. We are over vaccinating. Even the AVMA has called for lessened vaccination protocol, but local vets are slow to adopt the changes as there's a lot of money in those needles. You have to weight the risks and odds, and make an educated decision. lefty

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads