• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Healthy, tasty cereals?

Bring The Noise

Reaction score
I'm kinda sick of eating vector everyday and i can't stand oatmeal. anyone suggest any cereals thats similar and easy to eat?

Taxler

Reaction score
I try to avoid ceral as much as possible, but if I'm in a hurry, I like the Kashi Go-Lean crunch.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Taxler
I like the Kashi Go-Lean crunch.

For whatever reason, that stuff gave me gas like you couldn't believe, which actually got worse during lifting or sports session. Good thing I stopped immediately; some googling revealed that many others have the same problem.

Regular GoLean works fine though. I also like WeightWatchers Cinnamon Cluster Crunch and WeetABix.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like pretty much all of the Kashi cereals I've tried. I should note that I've actually been using vanilla soy milk on my cereal lately. I always thought soy milk was just for hippies, but a girl convinced me to try it and it's actually pretty tasty. Plus, it doesn't go bad, so I can buy a big case of quart sized containers at Costco and not have to worry about buying milk every week. Hopefully all of the estrogen-producing soy won't cause me to grow a ******.

Anyway, I forget the name of the kind I've been eating lately, but it's the kind that looks like dry dog food. I find it delicious (the cereal, not dog food, which I have never tried). It's sort of like cheerios I guess. I have a bowl of it with blueberries every morning.

Also, even though you don't like oatmeal, you might try steel cut oats.

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nature's Path makes pretty decent stuff. Particularly recommend Optimum Rebound, or if you're more of a granola person, the FlaxPlus Granola. Pretty delicious. Although, most days for me it's just straight up non-sweetened oatmeal and some ON 100%whey in Chocolate Mint flavor...mmm...

Kashi's for girly men...
stirpot.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Nature Valley cereals are really delicious.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redgrail
Nature's Path makes pretty decent stuff. Particularly recommend Optimum Rebound, or if you're more of a granola person, the FlaxPlus Granola. Pretty delicious. Although, most days for me it's just straight up non-sweetened oatmeal and some ON 100%whey in Chocolate Mint flavor...mmm...

Kashi's for girly men...
stirpot.gif

Is the chocolate mint flavor good? Because I just switched to ON from Designer Whey, and tried the cookies & cream flavor. It is pure ****.

jellywerker

Reaction score
I suggest steel cut oatmeal. I know you said you can't stand oatmeal, but honestly, neither could I, until I started eating real oatmeal. I get John McCann tins at a local grocer and the stuff is great. Far more nutty and more "solid." Takes longer to make, but you can cut down on the time but putting it in the pot the night before so it only takes a few minutes in the morning.

If you want cereal with milk type cereals though, I'd recommend Grape Nuts with either milk or yogurt. Tasty when mixed with flavored yogurt and healthy too!

Butazi

Reaction score
Usually Total with skim milk does the job for me.

But I've been eating that stuff for months now, I actually like the taste of it. I'm not sure if it's just me though.

etl

Reaction score
i think you'd be hard pressed to beat real oatmeal with fruit supplements. i have fiber issues with my diet and have a constant morning date with Fiber One (the Honey Nut one with the 51% daily fiber). It tastes like cereal rather than eating thistles. The enjoyment was important for me to stick with it.

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dcg
Is the chocolate mint flavor good? Because I just switched to ON from Designer Whey, and tried the cookies & cream flavor. It is pure ****.

Choc mint is pretty good. I actually prefer the double rich chocolate flavor ON, but that's because it is BY FAR the best straight chocolate protein I've ever tried. I needed a break from regular chocolate though, and the mint is just minty enough for that.
Cookies and cream is pretty revolting, but what did you really expect? So far I've tried Double Rich Choc, Choc Mint, Rocky Road, Vanilla Creme, and Cookies and cream, in order of good to awful.
Don't really like fruity protein, but people that do say good things about Strawberry Banana and Fruit Punch.
Hope this helps.

Bring The Noise

Reaction score
thanks alot guys

i hate drinking whey protein in the morning...for running workouts it makes u mad sick

rxcats

Reaction score
I love Pumpkin FlaxPlus Granola! I bought some at Costco a couple of weeks ago. I try to avoid too many carbs, so I use it sparingly. It has 19 grams of carbohydrates per 1/2 cup, but also has 4 grams of fiber.

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bring The Noise
thanks alot guys

i hate drinking whey protein in the morning...for running workouts it makes u mad sick

I would never drink it if I was running in the morning...
On a bulk, though, it works just fine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads