• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

healthy breakfast?

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me it's usually two slices of multigrain toast, organic peanut butter and a single scoop chocolate protein shake (scoop of powder and water). Whole thing goes from counter to eaten in about six minutes.

If I'm in the mood for something a little sweeter I'll have a little cup of Bear Naked granola with Lactaid milk.

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eugen
A healthy breakfast is that which gives you desired amount of proteins and vitamins your body requires.
Usually I have oatmeal with fruits, baked potato, bowl of fresh fruits salad, protein shake and 4 dates.
I was advised by my friend to add 4 dates in breakfast as they are effective in curing your internal disease.

Baking a potato - just as quick and easy as pouring milk and cereal into a bowl.
laugh.gif

Anyways, my vote is eggs.

danilo

Reaction score
I eat 2 - 3 egga with some cheese on top 2 pieces of whole grain toast and my coffee

roryben

Reaction score
Thanks all.
In summary, oats, eggs, or ... baked potato and 4 dates.

Returningson

Reaction score
"sugar infused healthy" ceral isnt all bad. Grab some Fiber One or or some other ceral as long as it has a good amount of fiber in it and less than 6 grams of sugar per serving and drink it with Almond, unsweetened soy milk (at only 40 calories and zero grams of sugar percup)..

shibbel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most people aren't even hungry in the morning- they just eat because the myth of how important breakfast is has been hammered into our brains. You want an extremely convenient breakfast that's low cal, sugar, and fat? Nothing at all, skip breakfast, eat when you're hungry.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shibbel
Most people aren't even hungry in the morning- they just eat because the myth of how important breakfast is has been hammered into our brains. You want an extremely convenient breakfast that's low cal, sugar, and fat? Nothing at all, skip breakfast, eat when you're hungry.

Most?

Uhhhhh.... no.

Our agrarian heritage had us eating/fueling up at daybreak... the marketing came later.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is healthy, but I have been eating this for 2 years
4 whole eggs
4 egg whites
6 strips of turkey bacon
water

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another thing I like to throw in when in a hurry is a Larabar. It's just compressed fruit and nuts, nothing else in there, and it's nice to get something sweet and moderately filling in the morning.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have rediscovered muesli in particular a brand call Brookfarm, for those in Oz, very good slow release low GI have it with a bit of honey yoghurt and rice milk. If I eat around 6.45am lasts till mid day (with a piece of fruit at about 10.30.

Other wise two free range eggs sunny side up with chilli on sourdough spelt bread lasts till about 1pm.

Oh and a fresh orange juice if I have time, mostly on the weekends.

JoelF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try to hit 45 to 50 g of protein to start the day, otherwise feel like I'm running on empty. These days 3 or 4 scrambled eggs, plain greek yoghurt, whole wheat toast.

Mr. White

Reaction score
Wheat germ. It's easily the most-nutritious food known to man. Tastes like cereal. Is cereal. Absorbs milk and milk-like liquids like cereal. Eat it with a banana to enter B6 nirvana.

Originally Posted by shibbel

+1. Half the time, I just have a coffee. The other half, I scramble a couple of eggs in lots of butter, and eat it with rice or grits. Cholula sauce on a plain egg, Pace if I make a plain omelet.

Originally Posted by speedy4500
I make an egg sandwich almost everyday.

You can microwave eggs; the texture suffers a bit as opposed to cooking in a skillet, but I don't like cereal or oatmeal, so subpar eggs are my choice. I scramble them in a container the size of my bread, microwave for about 45secs, stir and season with salt and pepper, 45secs more and its done. Sometimes I let cheese melt on top at the end and I'll put bacon or ham on as well. I often mix in salsa or other vegetables. In all, from cracking eggs to first bite, never more than 5 minutes.

That with a big bowl of Greek yogurt and fruit is my usual breakfast.

Dunno about the power of your nuker. I got one of those microwave poachers. I use it when I'm really hungry but in a big hurry. Rub it with butter and splash in some water before adding eggs. I beat the eggs and add Worcestershire sauce. Nuke about 45 secs one one side, then turn over and nuke the other side for about 30 more secs. The eggs have better flavor and consistency if they're nuked until the yolk just sets.

gungadin25

Reaction score
I eat a container of Fage 0% Greek yogurt and a whole wheat english muffin and egg. That's about 30 grams of protein.

Thrillmess

Reaction score
Breakfast give you energy to perform various activity so, it is necessary for you to have a healthy breakfast. Healthy breakfast involve milk, fruits,juices,eggs and a balance diet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads