• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heads up: Thin Red Line shoe sale

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Wow, how did I miss this thread!? I see the wolfpack has already had its way. I'll have to keep my eyes on the B&S forum in case someone's size 8uk suede half brogues don't work out.
tounge.gif

Thanks OP. Everyone enjoy their stuff.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Clark
An update:

Their manager contacted me. He had visited this forum and thread on my recommendation and also expressed his apologies for the site not showing stock sizes correct. This was due to the website not being able to talk to the stock server correctly which resulted in a missmatch.

He is also looking into about doing a backorder.

And best of all, for me, is that he offers me a free pair of shoes which I'm very grateful for!
cheers.gif

Now I must decide on a model to get, which is hard to say the least!
smile.gif

/C

Thanks for this thread Clark.

I think everyone should email TRL so that we can do a backorder - the more people we have, the more they will want to do it.

I sent them an email requesting if I could get sizes 11 in both coloured penny loafers and the chukka boot.

Im a size 10.5 in Clarks desert boots, Im a size 11.5 in Allen Edmonds - I think size 11 should be right for UK sizing.

Everyone email them with the models you want them to order for you! Let them know - these shoes are at a great price and we rarely see a deal this good that a retailer is considering expanding.

Email away guys!

lifeonmars

Reaction score
Thank you Clark!

Order despatched.

I'd be interested in a backorder as well.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Make sure you email [email protected] and let him know that you are interested in the backorder. If anyone is interested in a backorder could they please do this, more we get the more chance we have of them doing it.

SirWilliam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
They're a little informal for a suit, but still better than what 95 percent of guys wear.
That is kind of what I thought....what would you wear them with then?

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirWilliam
That is kind of what I thought....what would you wear them with then?

Casual business will be ok, but not suit.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirWilliam
Could I wear these Gibson shoes with a suit or jeans?

I have these shoes and really like them a lot for bus. casual. The last is very well proportioned in my sz us11.5d.

Regards.

SirWilliam

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shikar
I have these shoes and really like them a lot for bus. casual. The last is very well proportioned in my sz us11.5d.

Regards.

Hmm I wonder then how the last will translate to an 8.

CorneliusP

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
Thanks for this thread Clark.

I think everyone should email TRL so that we can do a backorder - the more people we have, the more they will want to do it.

I sent them an email requesting if I could get sizes 11 in both coloured penny loafers and the chukka boot.

Im a size 10.5 in Clarks desert boots, Im a size 11.5 in Allen Edmonds - I think size 11 should be right for UK sizing.

Everyone email them with the models you want them to order for you! Let them know - these shoes are at a great price and we rarely see a deal this good that a retailer is considering expanding.

Email away guys!

I emailed [email protected] to let them know my interest in the backorder idea!

Sebastian

Reaction score
Would they be able to sell the backorder at the same price?

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that is what we are trying to do. We just need enough people to make it profitable enough.

If everyone that wants even one shoe could email them it would be great - they may even do it more regularly in the future.

Email away!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads