Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Heads up: Thin Red Line shoe sale

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Clark, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Wes Bourne

Wes Bourne Senior member

Hesitated on the black calf semi brogues last night and they were out of stock by the time I checked this morning. Oh well... Just pulled the trigger on a pair of suede monks; thanks Clark!

2. bc78

bc78 Senior member

I've had much better luck being polite. Granted, sometimes you need to be aggressive, but this didn't seem like the right time.

3. Douglas

Douglas Stupid ass member

Glad some of you had good luck with this.
    This is the first time in my online shopping 'career' an outta stock email. maybe i have been blessed thus far... til now.
    sent them an email cos i am bitchy. so we will see what their response is.

"Dear Mr.xxx,

Its extremely disappointing to hear that.

I had my heart set on the suede half brogues that i ordered.

I've been shopping online for the past 12 years and have never encountered an item being out of stock AFTER the items have been successfully placed in the shopping cart and card details sent through and AFTER an ORDER CONFIRMATION has been sent to my email.

Also working in the luxury retail industry, I think its important to meet the expectations of the customers even during Sale periods.

Moreover I was a first time customer and was prepared to make an additional order assuming genuine savings would be had.(especially in today's economic climate0

I even directed some friends to your site.

So you can imagine my disappointment and embarassment when I recieved your email.

Please excuse me for thinking a simple bait and switch tactic was used in this case.

If this is not the case, please reply to this email with what YOU can do for me, a valued customer.

I await your favourable reply."

You, sir, are today's Douche of the Day. I'd say you're an early fave for Douche of the Week, which is quite an accomplishment around here, considering JoeWoah is still bouncing around in the CEsspool. Congratulations!

I can't believe I missed this. I'm halfway glad I did, but there are at least 3 pairs of these shoes I would have gladly snapped up. Good on the OP, and congrats to all who got deals.

4. citoyen

citoyen Senior member

Clark - please PM me. I've contacted ThinRedLine on your behalf and something nice may be coming your way.

Thanks again!

now this i call a nice move!! keep us updated!!

i always figure that with a PSA like this, someone's bound to be disappointed. i figure that besides the people who've posted in this thread, there are at least 100x the lurkers placing orders as well. what store stocks a hundred pairs of shoes or more?

i am always late on those frenzies, so was i with this one. nothing left in my size.

congrats to all who scored!

5. onix

onix Senior member

One of the very few time I feel great about my small size. Some few of my size are still up. [​IMG]

6. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

Just to let everyone know - I placed 2 orders last night - only 1 shipped. I mailed and they politely told me that because of the high volume, my other order will be shipped tomorrow so there may be hope yet for those of you who haven't received a mail yet.

7. btinl

btinl Senior member

Hmm, so far no shipping confirmation or any other sort of communication for my order except for the initial order confirmation.

8. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

Clark - please PM me. I've contacted ThinRedLine on your behalf and something nice may be coming your way.

Thanks again!

Do share................

9. yarnsforth

yarnsforth Senior member

Alright guys, nice job on the great deal.

Let's thank the OP again for the good tip [​IMG]

+1, even though I didn't buy anything - it was great just having the option, at those prices.

10. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

now this i call a nice move!! keep us updated!!

Do share................

If Clark wants to share publicly he will. [​IMG]

11. damienos

damienos Active Member

btini: nope thats not alot to some but its fair amount for me. its the percentage. like i said i never encountered this before. maybe thats why i am upset.

its obviously a negative experience for me.

if they do reply with a service recovery then it would be a positive experience. i won't hesitate to purchase from them again.

Before the PSA i have never even heard of Thin Red Line.

Of course they gotta roll out the red carpet. They get to earn my hard-earned 80GBP!

12. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'd like to add my own mega-props for Clark. The shoes are getting all the attention, but if the shirts are even decent, that's a good deal by itself.

13. davidsj

davidsj Senior member

Hmm, so far no shipping confirmation or any other sort of communication for my order except for the initial order confirmation.

I just got an email saying my order was "despatched," with no tracking number or additional details. I assume despatch means shipped.

14. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

If Clark wants to share publicly he will. [​IMG]

Clark?

15. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Clark?

The originator of this thread.