• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heads up: Thin Red Line shoe sale

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I jumped in too late - the brown or suede half-brogues are lovely but were gone from the site in my size. I'm trying to fight the urge to get the walnut suede brogues.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright guys, nice job on the great deal.

Let's thank the OP again for the good tip
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
I jumped in too late - the brown or suede half-brogues are lovely but were gone from the site in my size. I'm trying to fight the urge to get the walnut suede brogues.

I would be all over those if they had them in an 8. They're the best shoe on there imho - especially for the summer...

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Havent received the "dispatched" email yet...but my debit card has been charged so I am assuming that the order went through. Keeping my fingers crossed!

damienos

Reaction score
Glad some of you had good luck with this.
This is the first time in my online shopping 'career' an outta stock email. maybe i have been blessed thus far... til now.
sent them an email cos i am bitchy. so we will see what their response is.

"Dear Mr.xxx,

Its extremely disappointing to hear that.

I had my heart set on the suede half brogues that i ordered.

I've been shopping online for the past 12 years and have never encountered an item being out of stock AFTER the items have been successfully placed in the shopping cart and card details sent through and AFTER an ORDER CONFIRMATION has been sent to my email.

Also working in the luxury retail industry, I think its important to meet the expectations of the customers even during Sale periods.

Moreover I was a first time customer and was prepared to make an additional order assuming genuine savings would be had.(especially in today's economic climate0

I even directed some friends to your site.

So you can imagine my disappointment and embarassment when I recieved your email.

Please excuse me for thinking a simple bait and switch tactic was used in this case.

If this is not the case, please reply to this email with what YOU can do for me, a valued customer.

I await your favourable reply."

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenStyle
I would be all over those if they had them in an 8. They're the best shoe on there imho - especially for the summer...

I cracked and ordered the walnut brogues...

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by damienos
Glad some of you had good luck with this.
This is the first time in my online shopping 'career' an outta stock email. maybe i have been blessed thus far... til now.
sent them an email cos i am bitchy. so we will see what their response is.

It's far from uncommon to get stock issues. With the previous Edward Green/Kurt geiger frenzy, I got the Navy brogues, but had a sorry out of stock email on the wine.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenStyle
Can't believe you had to think about it :p

Originally Posted by DocHolliday
^Clearly more of SF's bad influence is required.
alien.gif

Good pickup, MoK.

Can a forum be named in divorce proceedings?
wink.gif

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should Thin Red Line read this thread I think Clark should get a commission (or at least a pair of shoes...)!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads