1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Heading to NYC this weekend

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by cuffthis, Oct 29, 2004.

1. cuffthis

cuffthis Senior member

Thanks everyone for the tips. Since the wedding we attended was Saturday at 12pm and the reception afterword was until 4pm, my shopping time was limited.

I did manage to make it to Paul Stuart and Brooks Brothers (immediately across the street from the Roosevelt Hotel where we stayed). Both had a plethora of wonderful items, all at full retail though (sigh).

On Sunday my wife and I managed to go to Century 21, located directly accross from the WTC site. What a great place. They had tons of designer clothes, suits, ties, shirts from name ranging from RL to Brioni and Versace. This is the kind of place you want to keep going back to as there is constantly new merchandise arriving.

Century 21 will be on my must visit list for all future NYC shopping trips. It should be on yours also.

2. musiczone

musiczone Member

I also went to Century 21 yesterday,I was there at 10am when they had just opened.I didn't buy anything. The quality of many of the goods has gone down( no Panterella socks).The prices didn't blow me away, either.If my house had burned down and I had to start from scratch then I could see buying a lot there.Of course if I had waited another half hour there might have been all different stuff to sort through. Just my 2 cents...