• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heading to Calgary for a few days...suggestions?

Mauby

Reaction score
Any must-see's or must-do's in Calgary?

user-name

Reaction score
Are you restricted to Calgary or can you take a trip to Canmore and Banff?

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isnt the stampede around this time of year?

spoiledone

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaydc7
Isnt the stampede around this time of year?

Yup - just head downtown - it's one giant party for 10 days straight starting this Friday!

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, my girlfriend grew up there and makes it sound like its the best thing ever.

pilotpen

Reaction score
I'm heading out to Calgary on Sunday!

STAMPEDE, baby!! Should be wicked!

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stampede...all you need to do is make it to the bar early and get a decent cowboy shirt. Tantra is having is annual DJ fest www.tantranightclub.ca/2009/ which tends to be ok, small and stuffy but not bad. I'd say try to avoid Ranchmans outdoor event as I've found its a waste of money. All in all Stampede time its hard to not find a party or something to do here.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're coming during Stampede and you didn't even know it! What luck for you! I hope you already have a hotel room.

At least, I hope you are coming during Stampede. It starts tomorrow morning (unofficially it already has - saw the mayor today in his duds, and hitting my first party tonight), and runs until the 12th. Having fun will be very, very easy. Hit up a club called Cowboys if you can fit it, as they're filming a reality show there next week (not sure it'll be shown in the US, but it's on a major network up here). Get to the grounds and watch a couple rodeo events (chuckwagon racing is good fun). Score some cougar action.

If you're coming after Stampede, pickings are slimmer. There are a few interesting neighbourhoods for walking and pubs (let us know if you need locations), and there will be CFL football games and clubs, but otherwise you need to get out of town to the mountains for a hike, bike ride, hot spring visit, or just hanging around.

Mauby

Reaction score
Thanks for the info...flight leaves in 3 hours.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauby
Thanks for the info...flight leaves in 3 hours.

Nice. If you get down to the Stampede grounds tonight and see a white kid in a lime-green cowboy shirt, that's me.

jesask

Reaction score
Stampede is way different for me now that I do not work downtown. There are not as many opportunities to go drinking on the company time anymore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads