• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"He takes a whiskey drink..."

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Yeah, you can't stay hetero for long if you're drinking appletini's.
applews0.jpg
"Appletini, easy on the tini. Mmm..you can really taste the apples." They were thinking regular martinis to begin with until my buddy's sister-in-law said how good they made appletinis there. She was friends with the people that worked there so they essentially had carte blanche at the bar which makes it even more unbelievable, but not nearly as unbelievable as them ordering 2 more rounds. As the bartender was making a 2nd round I asked him if the typical garnish on a appletini for allegedly straight males was a side of diginity.
Whodini, how sure are you that these guys were guys? Don't need any details, just a probability. 90%? 80%?
I'll put it this way: when we walked in I knew them as my friends Nick and Patrick and when we walked out they were only Nicole and Patricia to me.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
"Appletini, easy on the tini. Mmm..you can really taste the apples." They were thinking regular martinis to begin with until my buddy's sister-in-law said how good they made appletinis there. She was friends with the people that worked there so they essentially had carte blanche at the bar which makes it even more unbelievable, but not nearly as unbelievable as them ordering 2 more rounds.
Was the sister-in-law hot? I am willing to grant a certain degree of leniency in my judgment if an attractive female was involved.
As the bartender was making a 2nd round I asked him if the typical garnish on a appletini for allegedly straight males was a side of diginity.
LOL--I always ask my friends if they get a free pair of panties with their girly drink. I'm stealing yours, though, that one's getting old and has lost its sting (worked well the first couple times, though).
I'll put it this way: when we walked in I knew them as my friends Nick and Patrick and when we walked out they were only Nicole and Patricia to me.
And so they shall forever be, amen.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
The in-law is very cute in a "you're married to my best friend's brother" sort of way, but both friends were in long term relationships at the time. So they had zero excuses other than spontaneous growing of vaginas.

I'll trade you for your panties line.

I baptised them with sink water in the bathroom later that night with their new Christian names. I guess I can't complain too much. It's far easier getting into a busy club in Vegas when you're with a couple of girls.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Bushmills

As well as Tullamore Dew, Middleton's, and some single-distillery whisky called Knappoge.

~ Huntsman

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I usually drink scotch (it's easy to get a black label at most places when you're out in sydney, try getting a bourbon other than jim beam); but am partial to makers mark, wild turkey (yet to try rare breed), and jack daniels single barrel (bourbon / tennessee whisky? ).

I like sweet bourbons, which is odd, considering my favourite scotch is Laphroaig 10.

Mr. Checks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zarathustra
I myself am partial to my Jameson. Double, neat please.

As per Bourbon, my tastes depend on the money in my pocket. A good reasonably priced Bourbon is Bulleit Bourbon. I really like it with a small splash of ginger ale. http://www.bulleitbourbon.com/.

If i have money, then it really depends on the mood. I never reallylike the sweet bourbons like MM. Hmmm maybe a Blanton's?

Thus spake Z : accordingly, follower that I am, had a Jameson last night and liked it very much, thank you.

Mr. Checks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
applews0.jpg
"Appletini, easy on the tini. Mmm..you can really taste the apples."
They were thinking regular martinis to begin with until my buddy's sister-in-law said how good they made appletinis there. She was friends with the people that worked there so they essentially had carte blanche at the bar which makes it even more unbelievable, but not nearly as unbelievable as them ordering 2 more rounds.

As the bartender was making a 2nd round I asked him if the typical garnish on a appletini for allegedly straight males was a side of diginity.

Very funny.

Makes my Cape Codders seem masculine.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Checks
Makes my Cape Codders seem masculine.

Hey, let's not go crazy here.
smile.gif

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My standard first drink at a bar is a Manhattan with Maker's. Every bar stocks Maker's, every bartender knows how to make the drink, and the drink is almost impossible to mess up. As others have mentioned, Maker's tends toward the sweet side and is a good first bourbon to try.

Appletini = pink shirt. Only for the confident man.
smile.gif

Tyto

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Homme
I like sweet bourbons, which is odd, considering my favourite scotch is Laphroaig 10.
I don't find this too strange (but then, I feel the same way). Think of it as wanting different things from different alcohols: we appreciate in them precisely what tends to differentiate them (very generally, peat vs. corn sweetness).

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I picked up a gallon of Eagle Rare 10 year single barrel for just a few dollars more than Maker's Mark.

brimley

Reaction score
applews0.jpg
"Appletini, easy on the tini. Mmm..you can really taste the apples."

My love for this thread started with the Maker's Mark, continued with the Jameson, and your Scrubs quote was the happy ending.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nyf
My love for this thread started with the Maker's Mark, continued with the Jameson, and your Scrubs quote was the happy ending.
Agreed. Greatest thread ever.
asshole_1.jpg
Also, nothing wrong with a cape cod. I can't say I enjoy it much more than its ability to completely mask the amount of alcohol you're actually consuming, much like a whisky sour.

Mr. Checks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, AmbChase, we like it, the Manhattan (I'm making mine with Jack until I run out)

The Missus is concerned "please don't let this get like your shoe habit..."

mrpologuy

Reaction score
I just picked up my first bottle of Makers Mark and a big portherhouse for dinner. How do you drink your bourbon? I will let you know what I think of it later.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads