HBO: How to make it in America

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cozilla, Feb 9, 2010.

1. cozilla

cozilla Active Member

This is HBO's new show produced by Mark Wahlberg's company. This is the first episode which airs on Sunday the 14th. I posted it on here cuz they reference Japanese denim and Selvage. Could be a good series, first ep looks good. Thoughts?
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Colin

2. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

^Embed fail.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

^Embed win.*

*Only use the code. Not the whole url.

3. cozilla

cozilla Active Member

Your the man! Thanks! Also i found this http://howtomakeitinamerica.com/ Kind of gives a background on the show about how it is centered around fashion and what not looking forward to the series. I posted the pilot but it premieres on Sunday on HBO so I guess this is a spoiler haha. This could be the offical thread for the show

4. RSS

RSS Senior member

How to make it in America? From recent events (I'm talking decades) in Government and Finance ... I'd say put all morals aside.

In fact ... when it comes to government ... when a Republican asks me why I'm a Democrat ... I just say, "Because I like our crooks better than your crooks."

But sorry ... I don't watch TV for the most part ... and can't imagine watching a 28+ minute video.

5. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

By the way, I won't be able to participate, since youtube doesn't show it where I live...

6. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

It's nice that they decided to make a tv series about many slackers/hustlers I know but their lives aren't THAT interesting. Ah well they have shows about lawyers and doctors so I guess its ok.

7. brittain

brittain Senior member

I just watched the full first episode, no waiting until the 14th. Not bad, I might have to check out the series.

8. cozilla

cozilla Active Member

yea looks like its going to be ok we will see though

9. milosz

milosz Senior member

Nice to see Samaire Armstrong get another job.

10. ektaylor

ektaylor Senior member

Jesus Christ, this show is incredibly grating. I just keep getting angrier and angrier as the show drags on.. Out of a concerned curiosity, how good an approximation is this of New York night life.

11. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

^ More or less like portrayed.

I like what I'm seeing so far.

Supreme references? Selvedge? Barney's? Damien Hirst?

Nice.

12. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Jesus Christ, this show is incredibly grating. I just keep getting angrier and angrier as the show drags on.. Out of a concerned curiosity, how good an approximation is this of New York night life.

Avenue is one of the only decent places to go to right now and it does get a mention. I haven't watched the show yet so I dunno...

13. cozilla

cozilla Active Member

If you cant check it out on youtube it will be on HBO sunday night. Might have to DVR it if you are out with your girl though. V-day FTL.

14. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

Curious as to how much appeal this show will have to people who don't have any interest in fashion. Not suggesting it won't have any, just curious.

15. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

Looks interesting, this is basically from the Entourage crew right?