• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HBO: Bored to Death

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else watching? Saw the first two episodes, haven't really made up my mind yet. I don't really find TD all that funny, and the guy that plays the private detective/writer doesn't strike me as being funny enough to carry the show. I did chuckle a few times, will probably watch the whole season and let it play out.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i love galifinakis but schwatrzman is a non-starter for me.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i've tried to like the guy but for some reason i can't.

NoNothingGuy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by daft
Love it.

Me too, but I am a Schwatrzman fan so whatever... Danson is hilarious in it as well. The show can be weak at times, but it has some good scenes.

I enjoyed the hipster aspects last season, but there seem to be fewer this time around. I guess we'll see.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife really likes it. Danson is the only good character IMO. Schwartzman is a drip. Galfinakis is good when he's not pining for or whipped by his gf. That's too common a theme for his character.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Know nothing about the show so I haven't bothered giving it a shot.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scurvyfreedman
My wife really likes it. Danson is the only good character IMO. Schwartzman is a drip. Galfinakis is good when he's not pining for or whipped by his gf. That's too common a theme for his character.

While I don't find TD all that funny in this show (so far), his interactions with Larry on Curb were always funny to me, so he definitely has it in him.

NoNothingGuy

Reaction score
I have to say that this season is much better than the first, a very rare thing for HBO shows. I am surprised they even gave it another shot, but I am glad that they did.

Danson is hilarious. The last few episodes have been priceless.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Love it.
teacha.gif

GlenCoe

Reaction score
I got high after like 5 or 6 years because of this show.

GlenCoe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i love galifinakis but schwatrzman is a non-starter for me.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads