Hawkins boots - much like Doc Martens

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Land Down Under

Land Down Under New Member

Hey I know this is a pretty old string but I found this discussion string as I was looking on google to find out a little bit more on GT Hawkins. Reason being I found this pair of boots in my cupboard which I've had in a shoebox for over 20 years. Thanks for the info, now I know why I can't find anyone selling GT Hawkins boots nowadays.
    I'm probably going to sell them (golden tan leather very good condition as I hardly wore them) so if you interested please let me know....unfortunately the photo's I took can't be uploaded on this site as the JPGs are too big but I can send by email.
    Cheers
    Land Down Under

2. Sebastian_Flyte

Sebastian_Flyte Senior member

saw these Hawkins boots in a magazine-- look quite nice! [​IMG]

3. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

http://www.gt-hawkins.net/

Looks like it was purchased by Wolverine in 1999 and is now sold almost exclusively in Japan and Korea.

All over Korea. They feel like down-market redwings. Materials seem low quality, but the designs are tasteful.

4. NotoriousMarquis

NotoriousMarquis Senior member

Speaking of DM's, does anybody know about the Jeffrey boot?

5. Sebastian_Flyte

Sebastian_Flyte Senior member

All over Korea. They feel like down-market redwings. Materials seem low quality, but the designs are tasteful.

yeah at $100 they can't be the world's best materials, but the designs are quite nice

6. Doctorbird

Doctorbird New Member

Hawkins were the official boots of the UK Police through the late 1960s-70s. The standard police boot was 6-hole, black. Hawkins Astronauts were approved because they didn't have the conspicuous yellow stitching like the Airwair line.
    The ox-blood 12-hole Astro's were the skinhead acme. If you've ever read the New English Library Richard Allen books you'll understand the significance of the Joe Hawkins moniker.

7. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

Does skinhead mean in England what it means in the US? Here it's pretty well the worst that humanity has to offer. Literally the only thing that american skinheads are of any value for is making reading the obituaries less gloomy.

8. IronRock

IronRock Senior member

[​IMG]

This is a photo from London 1969 when they were anti-establishment but in a totally different way to the Hippies whom they despised. They evolved into some pretty hateful racists by the 80s and are still around in some parts of the Uk.

Type of people who'd say 'if there was a war I'd be the first fucker on the front line' but would actually more likely to be found beating some helpless Indian shop owner round the corner at home as their war ‘effort’. Basically they are cowardly ignoramuses – but I really shouldn’t generalise like that….

9. kev777

kev777 Senior member

+100 Absolutely terrible !!! :(

10. riton23

riton23 Active Member

11. riton23

riton23 Active Member

12. riton23

riton23 Active Member

13. marten

marten New Member

Gday I just got a pair of near new condition Dr Martens Hawkins Hiker (Northampton) boots.
    Are they still available?