• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Having Tom Selleck Chest Hair?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
stuffamericanscareabout.com

Rikkar501

Reaction score
One of my ex-girlfriends didn't like chest hair so I started shaving it (not much but definitely there); I never felt right about it, like I was diminishing my manhood or something. My current girl loves the hair, and it's so much easier to just not worry about it. I don't think I will ever shave it in the future, if she doesn't like it tough ****.

greg_atlanta

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imschatz
I find "keep it maintained" applies to all body hair. Nothing is quite as funny looking as a guy with as shaved chest rocking 6 inch armpit hair.

But the armpit hair is guaranteed protection against being gay.
laugh.gif

It's even funnier when a guy shaves his entire body (legs too) but has these big hamsters under his arms.

TylerDurden

Reaction score
Originally Posted by greg_atlanta
But the armpit hair is guaranteed protection against being gay.
laugh.gif

It's even funnier when a guy shaves his entire body (legs too) but has these big hamsters under his arms.

Pit hair's only function is to stink and hold bacteria. I'd shave em if it didn't look weird, so i just trim them.

Chest hair, im just letting grow out. When I look like a model, i might shave it, otherwise, it just highlights my beer belly.

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerazzurrri
what about ass hair
laugh.gif

^just as a women probably doesn't wanna see this, they don't wanna see scraggly chest hair either. I don't quite have the ability to grow what the OP shows, so IMHO its better to shave. Errant, scattered black hairs emerging out near the nipples or sternum just looks dirty. Most straight Appreciation has shaven guys, not sure what that means...

XeF4

Reaction score
You should wax your crack to prevent dingleberries, but you dont need to bust out the bic and shave your whole ass.

airblaster503

Reaction score
So do you go to the salon and ask if they will wax your ass hole?? Or do you do it yourself at home?

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by airblaster503
So do you go to the salon and ask if they will wax your ass hole?? Or do you do it yourself at home?
waxing sounds like a horrible idea... on me at least it would cause an outbreak of ingrown hair bumps all over my crack and I'd look like I had some horrible anal infection... I'd use clippers instead and clip the hair down to just above the skin. it will require an akward 5 minutes in a yoga position with a mirror, and a towel to catch the mess, but it can be done. I actually did it out of necessity when I had to spend a summer in Southeast Asia... believe me, you don't want extra hair down there in that environment.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^So we go from a thread about Tom Selleck — a legendary sex symbol of his time — to a vision of you, naked in the lotus position, shearing your ass hairs.

Nice segue, Svenn

Svenn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
^So we go from a thread about Tom Selleck "” a legendary sex symbol of his time "” to a vision of you, naked in the lotus position, shearing your ass hairs.

Nice segue, Svenn

laugh.gif
my apologies, though on the bright side, we have all learned now how to spell 'segue'

TylerDurden

Reaction score
Yhea, didn't really mean for this to go from chest hair to ass hair, but I guess its what ever you guys want to post about.....
lol8[1].gif

Usul

Reaction score
I feel as though any removal of body hair would be noticed at the club showers, and I do not want to stand out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads