1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Having pants narrowed in the legs...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by free, Nov 29, 2006.

1. free

free Well-Known Member

I need to have a pair of size 32 suit trousers taken in one inch at the waist. If possible I'd also like to have the legs narrowed by 1 inch throughout. Would that be possible and if so, how tricky is the operation?

Can someone please recommend a good alteration tailor in downtown/midtown Manhattan for a job like this? Thanks a lot!

2. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

Yes.

Wilfreds Tailor on 23rd street between 5th and 6th.

3. free

free Well-Known Member

Yes.

Wilfreds Tailor on 23rd street between 5th and 6th.

Thanks Ed. I got the suit at the David Chu sale... could have walked 1 block to Wilfreds and dropped them had I known [​IMG]

What would the cost likely be for this? Waist, legs, and hemming of course.

4. Tomasso

Tomasso Well-Known Member

What would the cost likely be for this? Waist, legs, and hemming of course.

I'll say $70. Just a guess.

5. a tailor

a tailor Well-Known Member

its not tricky at all. just basic tailoring. you are paying for working time. the cuff or hem must be removed and replaced. the bottom being narrower may hit the insteap, makeing a heavyer break.

6. heavyd

heavyd Well-Known Member

its not tricky at all. just basic tailoring. you are paying for working time. the cuff or hem must be removed and replaced. the bottom being narrower may hit the insteap, makeing a heavyer break.

wilfreds will be expensive and take a looong time be advised. that simple alteration could be done elsewhere faster & cheaper.

wilfred does perfect work however. i had a leather coat relined there and it turned out BETTER than new.