1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Having difficulty matching these shirts

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kalra2411, May 27, 2004.

1. kalra2411

kalra2411 Senior member

Okay, will try it.

2. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Definitely great with blue or black jeans- even some of the other colors like khaki that Zegna and Loro Piana are selling this season. Dunno about the pleats, though...Flat fronts are probably a better bet. And I wouldn't do the distressed, unless you (like me, frequently [​IMG] ) are trying to look younger than you are.

3. kalra2411

kalra2411 Senior member

Yea, I was having second thoughts about wearing distressed jeans. Would you say untucked aswell Steve?

4. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Absolutely, untucked. I think they're great shirts. In fact I covet the Zegna [​IMG] .

5. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I like the second shirt. But then I would have chosen a more colorful tie to add a bit of variety to an otherwise drab ensemble.

Albeit the tie is also Versace but perhaps one their Baroque pieces would be more suited.

The first shirt could be suited for a pair of slim pintriped/chalkstriped trousers. The third one as well to add a bit of dichotomy.

6. ernest

ernest Senior member

1 = too many strips 2 = for girl 3 = for cowboys
    1- I would possibly agree with you 2- No, pehaps the cut is a little odd, but when worn it does not look like a womans shirt. 2- It is NOT denim. It is a cotton and linen blend
    2- for women or gay if you prefer 3- thread of sewing are like jeans and color is too dark

7. ernest

ernest Senior member

I do not like linen = better take a super 120 cotton shirt or a polo.

8. ernest

ernest Senior member

Linen means hot weather and casual

Hot weather and casual means NO black NO tie

Tie with linen = ridiculious

9. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

It can be done if one has enough innovation to pull it off.

10. VMan

VMan Senior member

As far as jeans go, here are my suggestions: I would stay away from pleated. My suggestion would be something in a medium low rise (nothing extreme), dark wash with light fading (slight distressing, but no huge rips or patches), and slim-cut with maybe a slight boot-fit. Something along the lines of Helmut Lang would be ideal. That white or cream Versace shirt is gorgeous, (if you decide against it I'd be happy to take it off your hands [​IMG] ). I would pair that with the aforementioned jeans. I can't tell if the shirt tails are long on it, but if they are I would recommend tucking the shirt in loosely. The shirt is sleek and minimalistic, so I would recommend slim, dark, Helmut Lang-style jeans to match. As far as the Zegna shirt goes, try cream-colored linen/cotton flat-front slacks worn with brown suede buckle loafers (in the style of Ferragamo, Gucci, or Bruno Magli) with the shirt tucked in. Or, try a pair of cream 100% linen looser-fitting drawstring slacks worn with brown leather slide-style sandals and with the shirt untucked. I am drawing a blank with the blue Versace shirt. It has some western-style touches (the decorative stitching along the collar edges) so perhaps you could tie that in somehow.

11. gaz.thomas

gaz.thomas Member

I'd probably suggest a pair of slightly distressed, medium rise, boot-cut, flat front blue jeans and a single breasted navy sportcoat. But then I'm a sartorially-challenged midlunder [​IMG] Gaz -x-

12. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

I like the Versace shirt too, but not the little metal logo dealy. I'd wear it untucked, sleeves rolled up and with boot-cut jeans. Do they even make pleated jeans? [​IMG]

13. kalra2411

kalra2411 Senior member

Pleated Jeans (to some extent) [​IMG] Ernest, I too can be blunt; Polo Shirt = For wannabe men, who try and look rich,or new money. If the occasion is less formal, bloody hell just wear a T-Shirt. And no I do not preffer gay

14. kalra2411

kalra2411 Senior member

Ernest,

Yes, so go ahead, and think that you look good, in your light colours. I am of the opinion that black is the only colour, which can always look good.

I am of course not talking about just shirts.

Versaceman, the shirt is cream

15. kalra2411

kalra2411 Senior member

Ernest, But of course a T-Shirt like this is way out of your budget. (I do not think you could even dream what the price was) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]