1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Having a hard time deciding between some Seikos....

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Bob01, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Bob01

Bob01 Senior member

Soon to be upgrading to a side by side refridgerat
    Upon some research, it looks like the Monster Lite will need to be taken off the list...as theres the possibility it will leak on a shallow 10m dive...static pressure vs. dynamic pressure n' all that.... This would explain how my heart monitor workout watch (water resistant to 40m) got flooded on a 15 foot dive.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diving_...classification " Water resistance classification Water Resistant 30 m or 50 m \tSuitable for water related work and fishing. \tNOT suitable for swimming or diving. Water Resistant 100 m \tSuitable for recreational surfing, swimming, snorkeling, sailing and water sports. \tNOT suitable for diving. Water Resistant 200 m \tSuitable for professional marine activity and serious surface water sports. \tNOT suitable for diving. Diver's 100 m \tMinimum ISO standard (ISO 6425) for scuba diving at depths NOT requiring helium gas. \t Diver's 100 m and 150 m watches are generally old(er) watches. Diver's 200 m or 300 m \tSuitable for scuba diving at depths NOT requiring helium gas. \tTypical ratings for contemporary diver's watches. Diver's 300+ m for mixed-gas diving \tSuitable for saturation diving (helium enriched environment). \tWatches designed for mixed-gas diving will have the DIVER’S WATCH L M FOR MIXED-GAS DIVING additional marking to point this out.

2. Schnurretiger

Schnurretiger Senior member

SBDC001 or 002. Or the MM.

3. JohnD356

JohnD356 Senior member

The Orange Monster is probably the most popular among watch guys. Should have a pretty solid resale value. You might want to see what they say on Timezone.com.

4. Bob01

Bob01 Senior member

Soon to be upgrading to a side by side refridgerat
    The Orange Monster is probably the most popular among watch guys. Should have a pretty solid resale value. You might want to see what they say on Timezone.com.

Yeah, I just wanted something a bit different than what everyone else has when diving... Investigating Mod options on the Monster I can get commissioned...maybe a black monster with orange chapter ring with different hands? ;-)

5. bowtielover

bowtielover Senior member

It's a nice watch but orange is just not my color.

6. Jack2000

Jack2000 Senior member

Orange face diving watches are orange because they are more readable underwater in dim light--not really a fashion statement so much as a function.

7. emakris

emakris Senior member

The Orange Monster is legendary amongst Seiko fans. Unfortunately (or fortunately, as the case may be), I am not one of them.

8. anon

anon Senior member

I think they are all ugly.
    hideously

9. gazman70k

gazman70k Senior member

Beijing | Hong Kong | Manila | Shanghai | Singapor

For the map watch you have, have you tried the distance scrolling function on it? It looks cool, but wondering how you fit it under your sleeve? :)

I've never worn these with a shirt [​IMG]

10. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

Of the lot, I like the Orange moster lite simply because it has a display back. I love Seiko 5 divers. Of my collection, these two are are my favourites.
    - nice in a Arnie way.. & no not what I am looking as per our email this AM..[​IMG]

11. gazman70k

gazman70k Senior member

Beijing | Hong Kong | Manila | Shanghai | Singapor
    - nice in a Arnie way.. & no not what I am looking as per our email this AM..[​IMG]

Yes, no Seiko will fit your criteria. Study my email carefully, dung beetle.

12. rs232

rs232 Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Or

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bit more tasteful?

13. rezzor

rezzor Senior member

I have the OM and if you like the look of it, it's a great beater.