• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Have you seen such a seller on Ebay before??

Mr_Incognito

Reaction score
He shipped the item back to his own address.

I guess its a new low even by ebay standards, what do you guys think?

Anaszi

Reaction score
I think the mailmen could have misinterpreted the from and to adresses

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, at least it only took a day.

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd have pi**ed myself if it had "got lost in the post!"
laugh.gif

Mr_Incognito

Reaction score
My story with this seller started a few months back, I was searching for an iconic vintage Cazal frame and saw that he was selling it. What this seller used to do was put the price as $1 and charge the shipping in hundreds for his frames.
Anyways when it came to relist those particular frames he forgot to up the shipping and put these frames on sale for a total of $14. ($1 price + $13 shipping).
I bought them at Bin but I promptly accepted his offer to cancel the transaction as I thought that this was the right thing to do.
Now about 20 days back I see he has put the same model Cazal frames on sale with a Make Offer listing with Bin of $250. I make an offer of $150 and the seller rejects it saying that he won't sell for less than $225.
About 10 days back he puts these frames on Auction with a starting bid of $99. The listing does not get much interest and I become the winning bidder at $100 with just two bids.
I had a gut feeling that he won't easily part with them for $100 plus shipping but anyways I make the payment. After 4-5 days when I do not receive the tracking number and after my repeated attempts to get the tracking number, he sends me the tracking number yesterday evening and I keep my fingers crossed hoping that he would send the same model Cazal frames to me and not something else, and guess what, he goes one step ahead and mails the frames/whatever was inside the envelope back to his own address.

Butter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are senile people in existence that make mistakes. I mean, why would someone waste postage on themselves knowing you can get your full money back?

Least you're protected in the transaction.

entrero

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do, don't ever rely on good will. Just keep your paypal claim deadline in check.

nerve64

Reaction score
I hope you're not in Irvine, CA, because it would have been a lame attempt to prove (by tracking number) that he mailed the item. Paypal relies on sellers to provide tracking number as proof that the item was sent.

Mr_Incognito

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerve64
I hope you're not in Irvine, CA, because it would have been a lame attempt to prove (by tracking number) that he mailed the item. Paypal relies on sellers to provide tracking number as proof that the item was sent.

No, I am not in Irvine and he did not update the tracking number on ebay and paypal, instead he sent me a message on ebay with the tracking number.

Mr_Incognito

Reaction score
Thanks a lot Anaszi, acenow, kev777, Butter, entrero, nerve 64 and the much inspiring SpooPoker for your support, it feels good to be a part of SF.

EDIT: Apparently the item has been delivered to someone in Irvine now, I am left speechless by this whole episode.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr_Incognito
He shipped the item back to his own address.

I guess its a new low even by ebay standards, what do you guys think?

bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif

Mr_Incognito

Reaction score
I have now filed a dispute with PayPal after Spoo's advice, will keep the forum updated about the progress.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Although the delivery zip code is a different zip than the originating zip code... but still, its not at your house, so thats what matters. As long as thats not your zip code.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads