Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform etc. been a detriment for you?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Saltricks, Sep 21, 2011.

1. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

He never had the pleasure to go to a MC's get together.

2. Pawz

Pawz Senior member

I've been told that I'm (based on looks) unfashionable, stuck-up, and rich. I guess I'm doing something right, then? ;)

3. CalTex

CalTex Senior member

I get the gay comment, and it always has something to do with clothes and my hair. I have curly hair so naturally when I put product in my hair it gets really curly and that just seems to be the topic when the guys want to make fun of me.

The younger group of friends that I have tend to seek my advice on attire at times. There was this one guy that recommended I wear, "nice jeans, a plaid shirt, some nice sandals, aviators and a rosary." I just smiled and said yeah thanks. I consider my style to be rather casual, I try to aim for styles mirrored by our guys in WAYWRN MC because I feel that anything more than that would be a little too much unless I am going out.

Some of my friends have asked me to take them shopping and tell me to get whatever I like for them.

Well clearly this must be only for women because you seemed pretty friendly to me ;) lol

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  4. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Bumping this thread for awesomeness.

(My only negative experience so far has been people comparing me to Justin Bieber when dressed in SW&D brands. Also, I've found that, What are you talking about, the Biebs wears Junya!.. is not a solid reply).

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  5. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

When I go out dressed up, which I mean a SC+waistcoat+jeans+PS, this never work on stranger women where I lived

But if I get ask to dress nice for an event, I usually end up penetrating my female friends...etc

I believe you need to dress according to the occasion, if you are in big town having a drink and night out (e.g. London, Paris, Hong Kong), there is no problem to dress SF level and meeting up girls (p.s. be careful with your wallet)

But if you are like me, studying in Reading, then I will only leave my suit for internships or specific lads night out, SC and PS for daytime town walk-about and Jude Law styled SW&D for the night

I had not have too much luck at pulling with the uni girls ATM, situation changed when I go back home

6. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

Wait...I thought that the StyFo 10th Anniversary was in May?

:confused:

7. plei89

plei89 Senior member

I only speak about specific brands and construction to friends who are into men's clothing as well. As for others, I don't really go into detail.

Funny story — One time I was at a pretty packed upscale bar and I overheard two guys say to two ladies they have just met, "A real man gets his suit bespoke. I never buy my suits off the rack." That made me chuckle in my head, I wonder if they went home with the ladies that night...

8. jeff13007

jeff13007 Senior member

Who cares about the quality?!?!?!?!? she was offering you free stuff!!!!!!!!!

9. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

It's tough to get college girls to go for ATM. You need to work up to it gradually. Penetrating them is a good start. Alcohol helps. The girls at home sound like real sports. :slayer:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  10. plei89

plei89 Senior member

Fact is university girls never go for the well dressed sartorial styled guy. They'd pick the guy in sweats & t-shirts any day. Sad but true.

That's why I always sport the rugged look (v neck t-shirt, leather jacket, tapered dark jeans, and wingtip dress shoes) when going out to bars.

11. jeff13007

jeff13007 Senior member

:crackup:

Never gotten a girl to do that, dunno if id like it lol

12. marblehouse

marblehouse Senior member

[​IMG]

Please continue...

13. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

I lol'd

14. videocrew

videocrew Senior member

Go to school in the south. Completely different situation.

15. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

I wears a t-shirt and Perfecto for normal going out. That brings me luck almost every night in Brighton (previous location)

But It seems the Reading girls are just hard and pretty junky, I don't want to sleep next to a typical size 14 british girls...... and frankly I don't know other open minded girls due to my course

I did my level 1 tailoring 2 years ago and gained 12 close female friends, most of them are from france and Poland, only those will pick nicely dressed guys, I met a couple of them recently and slept with 2 of them, but reality is I had fuck them before and it is getting boring.

I am just mooning because it seems I just have no luck with the local girls for some reason.