• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Have you ever gone to bed still wearing cufflinks?

base615

Reaction score
Unfortunately I voted yes.

I used to do a quiz night with workmates after work once a week. We always won and the prize was free drink vouchers.

After a couple of months we'd accrued a ridiculous amount of tokens and somebody had the bright idea of spending them all on PINTS of scotch. I woke up fully dressed in my suit except minus one shoe. Couldn't find it anywhere until I went to the toilet and found it sitting submerged in the bowl.

I didn't feel very well that day.

r_fine

Reaction score
I don't understand the question. All my pyjamas have french cuffs.

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by r_fine
I don't understand the question. All my pyjamas have french cuffs.

smile.gif
.. yes, and a pocket watch
smile.gif

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by base615

I used to do a quiz night with workmates after work once a week. We always won and the prize was free drink vouchers.

After a couple of months we'd accrued a ridiculous amount of tokens and somebody had the bright idea of spending them all on PINTS of scotch. I woke up fully dressed in my suit except minus one shoe. Couldn't find it anywhere until I went to the toilet and found it sitting submerged in the bowl.

crackup[1].gif

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only when it serves a kinky purpose.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do we have another Manouche on our hands here?

DoTheGrownup

Reaction score
Originally Posted by base615

That story made this thread worth it.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PINTS of scotch?? Holy crap. Was it at least some good scotch?

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does dumbing out on the subway in a wine-induced coma after a black tie event & bypassing one's stop 3 times consecutively count? If so I vote yes. I was 22
smile.gif

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
My dressing gown has cufflinks; but, also a pair at the bottom hem of the legs.

base615

Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
PINTS of scotch?? Holy crap. Was it at least some good scotch?

In all honesty, I'm not too sure. Given the quality of the pub I'd say no.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by merkur
Have you ever gone to bed still wearing cufflinks?

Does passing out on a plane count? If so, I did that just this morning.

manouche

Reaction score
No but I get asleep caressing cufflinks

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, it has happened on more than one occasion.

I once attended the wedding of the sister of a very close friend of mine. I was friends with everyone in the wedding party, although I was not in it myself. I was dressed as impeccably as I knew: navy suit, blue shirt with french cuffs, a gold tie, and brown captoe ankle boots. The wedding afterparty raged on at a local hotel, and included the bride ordering shots in her wedding dress. The hotel bar closed and locked up, with the bartender pouring a bunch of extra drinks, leaving them on the bar, and asking us to lock the last door on our way out. I ended up crashing on the floor of a hotel room that my buddy and several other members of the wedding party were using, still dressed from head to toe, tie still on and buttoned all the way up, shoes still on, using my folded suit jacket as a pillow. The next morning they woke me up for the morning after brunch, which was a casual affair. They had all packed an extra set of clothes, but I had not, and I did not have a ride home. So I put the suit jacket back on and attended the brunch in the exact same outfit I had worn the day before. In the end, I wore the suit for 24 straight hours.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads