• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Have you ever dated a woman that was one step ahead of you mentally?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shiitake
I think a more interesting question would be have you ever dated someone who was less physically attractive than you (i.e. you were out of their league) but you still pursued it because they were so fun, intelligent, interesting, etc?

This actually is my circumstance most of the time.

Da Luis Vuitton Don

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shiitake
I'm still waiting to hear from someone who is actually in a long-term relationship (7-10 years) where this sort of question has ANY bearing on actual happiness.

I think a more interesting question would be have you ever dated someone who was less physically attractive than you (i.e. you were out of their league) but you still pursued it because they were so fun, intelligent, interesting, etc?

i have done this.and if i were the insecure type i would have stayed with her...Somewhere in the back of their mind they know they are outclassed so you have a certain amount of power there.

Sazerac

Reaction score
I've been married to a woman for over eight years who is, by any definition, frighteningly smart. She's an attorney, former DA, and financial whiz. When we meet with our accountant I feel like a child who should rightly be sitting in the corner with a juice box and coloring book.

If your masculinity can stomach letting go of control over certain topics, it's actually quite nice. It's a relief turning over things like taxes to someone better at it than you are.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PoloPlayr
Trust me; stay away from women who are too intelligent.

For better or for worse, this is not a problem in Atlanta...
plain.gif

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sazerac
I've been married to a woman for over eight years who is, by any definition, frighteningly smart. She's an attorney, former DA, and financial whiz. When we meet with our accountant I feel like a child who should rightly be sitting in the corner with a juice box and coloring book.

Question is, how did you land her in the first place?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Christ, I'd be impressed if I met a woman that was MORE stupid than I am. It's a hard feat to accomplish.

speedy4500

Reaction score
The biggest problem I have with intelligent women is that they often try to intellectualize every little thing... sometimes I just want to watch a stupid sitcom, eat a Big Mac, or just do something simple and mindless without having to rationalize it.

Sazerac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
Question is, how did you land her in the first place?
Teh interwebz. For serious. And this was about ten years ago when internet dating sites were just starting to become mainstream but still a little of that "freaks only" taint. She liked that I was successful in a creative field whereas I liked that she was successful in a non-creative field. Why she has put up with my endless stream of **** for going on ten years now is well beyond me.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, and it went quite well for a long time...until I tried to outsmart her and found out I couldn't.

That was wife #2.

Mike

sartorialism

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CunningSmeagol
LSAT %iles IMO. B/C that's a pretty self-selecting bunch to begin with. 99%ile on the LSAT means a lot more than the same on the SAT. Plus the questions are generally geared to favor the logically relentless
foo.gif
type which means a lot more to a relationship, one way or there the other, than having a casual grasp of algebra.

Can anyone indeed match their LSAT scores with their wives' scores? Any lawyer couples in the house? (Who scored higher—Bill or Hillary? Michelle or her husband, our commander in chief?) LSAT scores can definitely dampen a relationship, IMO... It's hard not to compare, but once you do compare, it's even more difficult to respect.

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Life is so much simpler when I can take an LSAT and know if I'm compatible with someone for marriage.

MLIW

Reaction score
I tell you what I hate - being totally outclassed in an intelligent conversation with my gf - in front of people.

REALLY IRRITATING!

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MLIW
I tell you what I hate - being totally outclassed in an intelligent conversation with my gf - in front of people.

REALLY IRRITATING!

A truly smart woman would never allow that to happen. Or, she just doesn't care about you.

MLIW

Reaction score
I was told once "You know nothing about anything", In front of my friends. I wont lie, I felt very much like picking up a chick in a bar and having my way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads