• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Have you ever been mistaken as a salesperson?

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just 2 weekends ago I was mistaken as salesperson in Target when I went to get some wrapping paper.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i am a salesperson
frown.gif

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have this problem all the time in homeless shelters. People keep offering me food.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by howbah
As a salesperson, have you ever been mistaken?

this space reserved for future witty comeback line

--Jonas--

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ
When I drop my mistress off at her photo shoots, people mistake me for the model.

That and life guard at the beach.

laugh.gif

The Silverfox

Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
It happens all the time. I will usually be shopping with a friend or girlfriend or something as I don't really go into clothing stores much. I love it when somebody at Uniqlo or J. Crew asks you if you got your bespoke suit at their shop. I am like really? Really? I have also been asked if I am the manager of a lot of random places, such as an angry customer at the cinema when I was walking to the bathroom.
Next time you should say yes, then ask them to kindly leave your establishment as their business is no longer welcome.

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes the have, alot. Especially when i'm shopping and looking on the fabrics of clothes. With questions like ''may i ask for help''
laugh.gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by B&H
once wore one of those life guard imitation shirts to a beach and someone came running up to me to try and get me to save their drowning son, sadly because of the time wasted talking to me the kid died

lol

what in the **** is wrong with you. post reported for being a sick fuckface.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
what in the **** is wrong with you. post reported for being a sick fuckface.

WTF is wrong with you! Not a big fan of black humour I guess?
laugh.gif

lenahan

Reaction score
Happens to me all the time, generally but not exclusively at clothing stores, often multiple times in the same store. When I am in a bad mood, I often feel tempted to say something to the effect of "I could never afford these".... (pointing to something on me, i.e. my shoes) if I worked here." I have never done that, but then again, it only occurs on days when I am in a crappy mood, which often happens when I end up shopping with female relatives.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads