• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Have you ever been assaulted because of your clothes?

KBW

Reaction score
I've been threatened for my watch before but I didn't give it up. The wanna be gangster didn't have a weapon on him and was about half my size.

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On the contrary, I find I commit crime when I wear my black balaclava.

extempore

Reaction score
Crimes of passion, yes.

"You spent WHAT on THAT???!!!"

Twotone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, and she kept at it all night long.

Twotone

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
This is why you must carry a cane sword.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have never been harmed physically, but was once at a Dunkin Donuts was called a fag by a little dick head behind the counter. He thought he was whispering it to the other little prick next too him and I heard it very well. I guess trying to look good in our modern society means you have to be gay. The thing that kills me is the kid was the same one that served my wife and I the day before and he had those huge fake diamond earrings in and I looked gay to him.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
This is why you must carry a cane sword.

Or one of these.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
Or one of these.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

I wasnt aware that like baseball bats, umbrellas breaking upon contact was a concern. Also, is he wearing a black suit?

chrome_dout

Reaction score
That's a serious umbrella, makes my Eddie Bauer umbrella which cannot be inverted by the wind look lame.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tz0d
I've been assaulted for what I was wearing. Though, not because they wanted to steal my wears. I live in Baltimore, where if you're not dressed like a complete ass-hat in baggier than baggy clothing to hide your body and if you speak the queen's english, you're either a "fag" or completely alien to a lot of these mongoloids around here. Things aren't as bad as they used to be, though. At least not as bad as when I was jumped in my highschool parking lot, suckerpunched from the side and beaten into the hospital by a dude more than twice my size.

I thought Baltimore had some good areas these days?

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
I thought Baltimore had some good areas these days?
Believe it or not, Baltimore has always had some good areas and some bad areas, much like the real world.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 140 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 263 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 16.0%
  • 31 - 40