Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Have you ever been asked out on a date by a girl?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by merkur, Dec 23, 2008.

1. merkur

merkur Senior member

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011

2. jhao

jhao Senior member

Yes, but only twice, a they were good . . .

3. KBW

KBW Senior member

My fiancee actually asked me out the first time we really talked. We had a class together and it was cancelled so we just sat in the class and talked as we had nowhere else to really go (both lived off campus). We talked for the 50 mins the class was scheduled for and she asked me if I would go with her that night to her sorority crush function. I probably would have asked her out if she didn't. I've been propositioned many times at bars but never when I've been single.

4. DJ MAC

DJ MAC Well-Known Member

Only twice...both turned out good actionwise but not so good in the end... wish it would happen more often for me

5. RavishinglyRob

RavishinglyRob Member

It's happened to me a few times...last time it occurred she came off a little too desperate though.

6. visionology

visionology Senior member

Yes a few times. The memorable ones.

Was in college and went to Walmart to get some photos developed. At the counter two huge black girls approached and said "honey I think you need some black sugar in your life" and then proceeded to bug me until I provided proof I had a girl...

In college again, was at a bar talking with friends and a fairly close friend was at the same table sharing a pitcher with me. She brought a friend who was supposed to be a "connection" for me however it didn't work out, no attraction. We had a few beers and she was like "I haven't had sex in a long time" and after sharing her sentiment, she said something to the effect of you want to go back to my place and have sex. Badda bing you know what happened next.

My current girlfriend was a teacher associate of my mom. My mother, the nicest person in the world, showed her a photo of me (which was the worst photo ever, after being burnt to death on a cruise). She wrote me a note saying she'd like to go out with me and to give her a call with her number. I called and we've been together for almost 3 years.

7. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

It happened to me a few times in college, because I was too much of a tool to ask the girl out myself. Actually, I still am a tool.

8. Deluks917

Deluks917 Senior member

Yes. I've been asked out by guys as well.

It is wierd that I felt really good after having a gay guy ask me out?

Also I've been asked out. However, I find that most girls just make it painfully obvious without actually asking.

9. 8-Ball

8-Ball Active Member

Yes, back in my HS days I had a number of girls chasing me. I wish I would have known how good I had it, those days are gone : (

10. Listi

Listi Senior member

One of my friends and I were talking about this subject and she hasn't had a whole lot of success asking guys out, and neither have most of her friends. She said the reason girls don't do it more often is because of guys who give them a sort of "If I thought you were attractive enough to go out with I would have asked you out myself" type answer (whether explicit or implicit.)

And yes, I have been asked out, but never accepted. They were girls I did not know (at all or very well) and were not all that attractive.

11. Musiclover

Musiclover Senior member

Always let the game come to you.

12. Doctor Quack

Doctor Quack Senior member

Whenever I've been asked out by girls, I've had zero interest in them. It doesn't help that they tend to ask during extremely awkward situations.

13. michaeljkrell

michaeljkrell Senior member

. She said the reason girls don't do it more often is because of guys who give them a sort of "If I thought you were attractive enough to go out with I would have asked you out myself" type answer (whether explicit or implicit.)

+1

14. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

I haven't been asked out by a girl in a while, however I've been approached by many and have been given unsolicited phone numbers. I've only ever called one back and that's my current girlfriend.

15. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

ive never been asked out on a date or any clue to one since i have been married. i think i dont give out that vibe to other women (and i do have a few women friends at work and etc) that i am teasable or flirtable, so they respect their boundary with me