• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Have you ever bartered for clothing or a clothing-related accesory?

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
WTF? Do you live in Egypt or something?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, the idea crossed my mind a couple times looking at the B&S forum. I think there may be some value to organizing a once-a-year NYC meetup where members bring all the stuff they don't wear but would be attractive to others (B&S worthy) and barter what they can. Everything that doesn't get bartered can end up on the B&S.

There's something a little "Avon ladies" about this that I think may be a little turn-off

AdamInSF

Reaction score
Originally Posted by merkur
Have you ever bartered for clothing or a clothing-related accesory instead of paying for it?
Yes, I traded a photography session of a jeweler friend's work in exchange for a pair of custom cufflinks. Win/win if you ask me.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
no....if only we had a dedicated thread or something like that where we can trade the things we acquire (like from thrifts and whatnot)...
confused.gif
we could even make a master inventory/sizing spreadsheet, and put a stickied thread in the B&S forum!!!
teacha.gif
what do we need to do to make that happen??
laugh.gif

Jack2000

Reaction score
Someone offered me leather goods in exchange for graphic design services, but the dollar to dollar value didn't work in my favor, which has been my experience with barter for most of my career.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads