1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Have you done / do Coke? (Not the soft drink)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by imageWIS, Mar 14, 2006.

1. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

fukin necro threads

2. dl20

dl20 Senior member

Almost daily for like a month in college. Cost to much so I dropped it.

dl

3. IDirector

IDirector Senior member

did yay about 10 times when I was 17-18.

It sucked.

It was vastly overrated as someone stated previously.

4. VKK3450

VKK3450 Senior member

Almost daily for like a month in college. Cost to much so I dropped it.

dl

[​IMG]

A month isn't long enough.

And you need to understand the economics of coke. An 8 ball pieced off to a couple of friends leaves you with your own shit for free.

K

5. GoldRose

GoldRose Member

no the green plant is the only one i have done.

6. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Senior member

I've never done it, and;

I hated it! I don't want to be anywhere near people doing coke, ever. It turns people into belligerent, arrogant assholes.

doesn't sound like it'd do me much good. I'm a belligerent, arrogant asshole completely sober anyway.

7. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Man I'm sorry I got here after Jon. Seems like he was a pretty interesting guy. These old school polls are intense - I think I see where manouche got his inspiration.

8. JoelF

JoelF Senior member

Curious how this thread happened to get resurrected after 2-1/2 years? I guess someone was doing a search on "coke" . . . [​IMG]

9. suited

suited Senior member

I've tried it a few times, didn't like it. I am glad I got to experiment a little bit though. It was fun.

10. Beta

Beta Senior member

cant for the life of me understand how anyone could develop a problem with this stuff...
    its fun, but i just dont see how you could be addicted...i guess its just a personality thing that
    you have or you dont have. If its there, great, if not, whatever.

11. forsbergacct2000

forsbergacct2000 Senior member

I'm 52. It's probably been at least 18 years or so since I did any of that.

I used to play keyboards in bars and one of them had a number of people who did coke. The coke speeded them up and when they had too much to drink they would not pass out. It was really scary how messed up and belligerent some of the folks would get.

(Plus, I had one experience where I heckled a comedian after doing it and was almost thrown out of a bar. Those who know me in real life know I'm not belligerent, in fact I'm not inclined to seek conflict at all. That experience started me on the path of realizing that this drug was not a good thing for me to do.)

12. VKK3450

VKK3450 Senior member

I'm 52. It's probably been at least 18 years or so since I did any of that.

I used to play keyboards in bars and one of them had a number of people who did coke. The coke speeded them up and when they had too much to drink they would not pass out. It was really scary how messed up and belligerent some of the folks would get.

(Plus, I had one experience where I heckled a comedian after doing it and was almost thrown out of a bar. Those who know me in real life know I'm not belligerent, in fact I'm not inclined to seek conflict at all. That experience started me on the path of realizing that this drug was not a good thing for me to do.)

I banged a girl from Lansing once.

I dont know if you have a daughter, but if you do and her name is Jennifer, and she is blond, then tell her that I said HI!

K

13. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

cant for the life of me understand how anyone could develop a problem with this stuff...
    its fun, but i just dont see how you could be addicted...i guess its just a personality thing that
    you have or you dont have. If its there, great, if not, whatever.

I agree with this.

I've tried it and it was a most-unpleasant feeling. Too much tension in my head and body. I had this compulsion to talk about the most inane things, but everyone else was trying to talk as well. Horrible.

Also, people doing coke always sequester themselves while snorting. You're never hanging out in the kitchen or living room as you do while passing a joint around - it's in the bathroom or somewhere isolated. And they're intolerable - talk about a disparity of what you think of yourself versus what others think of you!

I'd much rather drink a shitload of coffee. At least food will still taste good.

14. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    I put coke in the "most over-rated" drug category; too much money for too little blast.

15. clarity

clarity Senior member

I used to see it a lot at frat parties in big-name Carolina schools...

My younger sister says it's still like that.

16. dizzhizz

dizzhizz Senior member

a lot of my friends back in LA did it and still do it and i have to admit that the initial hi was quite enjoyable but coming down off that shit is the worse.

17. forsbergacct2000

forsbergacct2000 Senior member

18. eg1

eg1 Senior member

No. Frankly, given my tendency to addictions of all kinds, I feared even trying it ... [​IMG]

19. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I already have a vice, I think one is enough.

20. VKK3450

VKK3450 Senior member

Sorry, VKK. No Daughters.

Fair nuff. If you run across her, tell her that you know a guy on a clothing web forum that... err, maybe dont

K